PDA

View Full Version : Image Editor

optikanet
06-05-2004, 09:52 AM
I am a newbie to Lightwave (I'm using 7.5c on a WinXP platform) and as I continue to use different features, so I find new favourite tools.

I recently started using Image Editor from within Modeller and I have found it to be very useful. However, just lately, I have found that it won't load files and I don't know why.

I select JPGs I want to load (singly or in groups) from the "Load" interface, but they don't appear in the "Images in Scene" popup. I have no idea why this is. Any suggestions?

Kind Regards
Dave

pdrake
06-05-2004, 11:23 AM
try not using jpg's ever. i find it's best to use .iff image files. this is the closest thing that there is to a native format for lightwave.

phil lawson
06-05-2004, 11:30 AM
Still, jpg should work. I would rescan your image plugin directory to readd those plugins.

Cheers.

optikanet
06-05-2004, 02:08 PM
Rescanning Plugins - I tried that already it didn't work!

As for not using JPGs - I'm using photoreference to try and recreate a live-action scene in Lightwave. The source reference I have is JPG.

Despite which, it worked before! It's not working now, so I'm trying to figure out what has changed!

I thought it might be the size of the file I'm working on creating memory management problems (I only have 512MB of RAM), but the files won't even load when Modeller is empty!

Help, please!

Kind Regards
Dave

toby
06-05-2004, 09:20 PM
Try deleting your config files? Load a new jpeg.p from your install CD?

pdrake
06-06-2004, 12:46 AM
i know it "should" work. i've had this happen a number of times. one time a jpeg will work, then the next time i open a scene it won't until i rename it and reload it. since i started converting everything to .iff files i've never had this problem. jpegs are lossy files that have different compressions from different programs. i don't know why it works and then doesn't, i just know enough to stay away from them unless i'm posting them on a website.