PDA

View Full Version : SDI installing problem.

Cauchy
06-04-2004, 07:33 AM
I have installed VT[3] with Bob successfully in Dell Precesion 450 based on winxp sp1.

Unfortunately, I can't find new hardware in my XP Device Manager after I insert it in to the slot next to my VT[3] card and I have exchanged bridge card.

Dose any one have the same prolbem? Or could anyone give some advice on SDI installing? Thanks all.

ted
06-05-2004, 01:00 PM
It's been a while since I installed my SDI card, but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't need to have Windows device manager install the SDI card. I'm still on Win 2K on the VT system with the SDI card.
Make sure the bridge is properly connected though.

Also, if you are using Analog Audio, make sure in Preferences, you select SDI with Analog audio or you'll get some crazy performance in TEd.

Cauchy
06-05-2004, 06:43 PM
So, you mean that if the bridge is surely connected, I can see a new device when my window boots up, and SDI needs installing new driver from Newtek program CD? I still can not fix it.:(

Thanks

bradl
06-07-2004, 10:05 AM
I just did a complete OS rebuild (er... several times...) figured out I had a bad VT card but in all the installing I never had to directly deal with the SDI card other than physically installing.

I think the PCI bus slot only supplies power (I could be wrong though) as the Device Manange never showed a device present. All the I/O happens on the bridge board. Check the bridge connectors very closely for a bent pin.