View Full Version : ANOTHER LW8 crashing example

prospector
06-04-2004, 12:31 AM
Open any scene with bones

Open scene editor
click properties tab
open tree to see bones
Switch bone:basic to bone:influence
change any bone setting in little window that pops up when selecting a scroll window.
then change your mind and select none

CRASH !!!!!

Same as spreadsheet !!!!!!

Some how the bone influence in either window will crash LW8 when mind is changed in scene editor or clear scene in spreadsheet.

So basically the spreadsheet and the new scene editor is worthless when working with bones, unless you either

A..never make a mistake or change your mind
or
B never close a scene

depending on which you use.

DON'T BETA TESTERS TEST?????????

And no it's not my video drivers

Same thing on Nvidia board with 6 different drivers and the ATI card with the only 2 drivers out for this card so far.

art
06-04-2004, 10:08 AM
Crash confirmed :(

Signal to Noise
06-04-2004, 10:54 AM
Yep, a bonafide crash.:mad:

Has this been sent to NewTek?

Also, this thread should be moved/recreated in the Support forum. There's also a "bug report" thread located there.

Perhaps a Mod is reading and can move this?

[EDIT]Due to the seemingly lack of moderator input of late I've taken the liberty of adding prospector's observation to the bug report thread. (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24045)

gjjackson
06-04-2004, 01:16 PM
One thing about beta testing: People who write code shouldn't be the one's doing the final beta testing. When writing code you make sure it does everything you want it to do. As a coder it's more difficult to try and break something, because you know how it's suppose to work. And that's where the mind set is. I've written code and thought there was no way it could have a problem. Let some beginner play with it and it'll break in short order. You can't help but say, "You're not suppose to do it that way".