PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Training in Southern California

gaylord_focker
06-03-2004, 11:44 PM
hello everyone,

i was wondering if any one new a good school or a program that teaches lightwave. i already checked out the ones on this site, but they are all too far for me. i live in diamond bar, which is in southern cali.

if you can suggest any good traing centers or schools that teaches lightwave please let me know. i really want to get good at this program.

lightwave rox,

thank you

hunter
06-05-2004, 10:34 AM
I went to the The Art Institute of California - San Diego, and I learned more by myself just reading the manuals, going through every tutorial I could get my hands on and from all the fine folks on this and other LW forums.
The school didn't even touch on things like hypervoxels or bones! Biggest waste of money I ever made... Oh, except for my degree in Bio-Anthropology. :D
Not sure if they still teach LW or not, But they have campuses all over CA. Hows that for a glowing recomendation.

DJinNY
06-09-2004, 06:58 AM
I agree, The Art Institute of America is the biggest waste of $65,000 you could find. I have found my way of learning Lightwave through the books and training tutorials. I am still waiting for Dan Ablans signature courseware for LW8 to continue my education into the new version. If he ever sends the darn things! :)