PDA

View Full Version : LW doesn't grasp 'Save!'

Johnny
03-25-2003, 08:40 PM
I've been working with a scene, trying to get a different camera angle. I've moved the camera 3 times, saved each time, saw it in correct position in the view pane, but it rendered as tho still in the previous position.

this time, I moved the camera and hit Save 20 times in hopes THAT would send the message.

man, what is UP with this thing?? New features would be nice, but I'd settle for basic everyday whitebread functionality.

Dang! sixteen hundred bucks!

Johnny

Dr.Evil
03-25-2003, 08:45 PM
make sure in your option panels that make keyframe box is checked or move it and then hit enter to make a keyframe.
i know the frustration... took me a while to figure it out too

Johnny
03-25-2003, 08:48 PM
Oh...I should have mentioned...I am not setting up an animation.

I'm only taking still shots to check my model; not keyframing the camera for any motion at all.

have no keyframes at all, and the ticker is at 0.

J

aloysius1001
03-25-2003, 10:04 PM
Doesn't matter, I bet if you open your graph editor you'll find keys in it. Turn off autokey and hit enter 2X after you move the camera.

toby
03-25-2003, 11:39 PM
if you want it to stay where you put it, you MUST have a keyframe at whatever frame your camera is at, including 0. You also need to have the "Auto Key" button checked, but "Auto Key Create" turned off in the General Options.

If you have "Auto Key" turned off, you must manually create a new keyframe every time you move the camera, or it will snap back to where it was.

Johnny
03-26-2003, 07:48 AM
OK...I positioned the camera, hit Enter twice, and got success.

However, I have been moving the camera my way for MONTHS without doing this double-Enter, and have never had the camera snap back to the previous position.

what could I have done to cause this goofy behavior?

J

cremegg
03-26-2003, 09:04 AM
It is likely that recently you accidentelly toggled "Auto Key Create" off, there is no other explanation, every element in Layout requires a Keyframe to be entered whenever an alteration is made position, rotation, size etc regardless of whether you are animating the item.