PDA

View Full Version : Modeling from video/photo's

hazmat777
06-03-2004, 02:38 AM
I have a project that is mostly pre-shot video, but I need to make a model of one person for an effect shot. Please point me towards a good tut. on importing video/still frames for modeling. I'm sure this has been covered a million times, but "modeling" and "video" don't work very well with the search function.

Thanks in advance!

hazmat777
06-04-2004, 02:37 AM
Don't bother! I just spent about ten minutes and figured it out. Of course, if there are any cool tricks you'd like to share please do. I guess I should have posted in Tips and Tricks instead. Sorry! :rolleyes:

Cman
06-04-2004, 10:39 PM
What did u do and how did it work out?

Will you be using video footage as a texture? If so, UV's or Projection?

hazmat777
06-05-2004, 12:08 AM
What I'd like to do is try something like that movie Steve Martin did in the 80's called Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid. He made it seem as though he were talking and interacting with "Stars" from classic films by clever editing. I just now started working out how to model from imported pic's, video is next. Footage as a texture sounds like a great idea but that's beyond my skills right now. Maybe in a few months! I think it will be a great way to learn many aspects of LW. Same type of idea as "Ryan" by Chris Landreth except I have no CG skill! :D

Gotta start somewhere!