PDA

View Full Version : Render Buffer Limitations

fudeforthot
06-03-2004, 12:53 AM
I am working with a terrain model created from surveyed points in Autocad land desktop. This terrain model is great for civil engineering work, but it looks pretty shabby for for 3d work. I am trying to create a depth field using a psuedo-isometric camera and exporting the depth using the render buffer. It appears as if the render buffer only works within a certain tolerance, because using this setting, ie a 35mm camera with a 600 mm lense, viewing the terrain from a great distance, the resulting file is either just black or just white, in other words, no information is picked up. This is true whether I am using a 24 or 32 bit file format. If I zoom in and use a lower focal length, so that the ration between distance from camera and amplitude of the topography is closer to one, the buffer export works, but I don't want any perspective. Is there a more obvious way of doing this? Is what I am doing impossible? Why doesn't LW have an isometric render option? I don't mean to complain, but I am spinning my wheels and wasting time. Can anyone help me?