PDA

View Full Version : VT3 Install Problems

Davidhj
06-02-2004, 04:04 PM
I have 4909 software installed on a Single P4 1.6/1GB/ Shuttle AV45 Motherboard/Geforce MX400 with Dual External SCSI 10,000 RPM drives running W2K SP4 with DirectX 9.0b.

When I run VT3 the output is Black with a rolling ghost image. When I import a clip or still to the timeline there is no output on either the VT viewer or monitor (Just continued out of sync rolling black screen). If I close VT3 and run 'KillWinRTME' twice I see my clips and stills outputing to VT Vision and Monitor. However the output image on the monitor still has the rolling ghosting issue. If I disconnect the Chrominance BNC on YC out, I will get a perfect Monochrome image without the rolling ghosting, which indicates that there may be some problem with the Chrominance output of the hardware. VT3 is sharing the same IRQ as the Geforce card.

Any help would be welcome.

David HJ.

Ivan
06-02-2004, 10:42 PM
Check Prefs and be sure you have selected YC as output. Component is the default.

Ivan

Davidhj
06-02-2004, 10:54 PM
I get the same problem using Composite or YC out with the preferences set to the appropriate corresponding outputs. So not that, but thank you.

David

Ivan
06-03-2004, 05:59 AM
I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say that, there is no setting for composite, only YC or Component. Check the cables.

Ivan

Davidhj
06-03-2004, 08:42 AM
Composite output is via the component setting. I did swap the cables but still no change.

From reading other posts in this forum, it seems that VT3 is high on spec but not great on stability, which is no good when I'm trying to meet broadcast deadlines. I think I will just go back to my Media 100 system which is solid as a rock.

I appreciate your input.

David

Paul Lara
06-03-2004, 10:17 AM
VT[3] is quite stable, David.

Let's see if we can figure this out:
- in the root VT3 folder, run "oops I messed my config.bat" to make sure you've got a standard configuration
- Play a recorded clip or graphic off the drive to see if displays properly on your monitor
- Make sure the switcher input is correctly patched. Hooked to the first Y/C input, you would want the PGM input patch tag above it to read YC1.
- Make sure your Y/C adapter is connected to the Green and Red output cables

Davidhj
06-03-2004, 10:32 AM
Hi,

I tried what you suggested, but alas still not solved.

There seems to be issues with certain motherboards. If I put the Toaster card in the last 3 of 5 PCI slots (farthest from the AGP slot), the rolling sync ghosting is there. If I place the Toaster in the first 2 PCI slots (Nearest the AGP slot), the ghosting dissapears, however instead I get a lowres mosiac version of what ever is being output, almost like an effect (But non is selected).

I get the same issue in 2 PC's (both use the same motherboard).

I think when I have time I will need to purchase a motherboard that has been verified.

Thank you for trying to help.

David.

videohead
06-22-2004, 02:30 PM
I had a similar problem.
When I switched the prefs to YC,
the problem was solved for composite
(on the Y channel of the component I/O)