PDA

View Full Version : pleeease render

mmecca
03-25-2003, 06:52 PM
yes...i have this 'scene' that im trying to render...i have pretty low settings with antialiasing and lights and whatnot....there is a starfield in the background with lots of points (but not too many) and about 7 objects that might be around 500-1000 polys each....my problem, is that i choose to render, and it brings up the render window....and never does anything....the computer isnt frozen, or the application, but it for some reason doesnt render...any suggestions?

chilledaqua
03-25-2003, 07:01 PM
make sure you "show rendering in progress" enabled and make sure you have a render display enabled such as Image Viewr FP in Render Options

hrgiger
03-25-2003, 08:07 PM
Just for curiosity sake, if you haven't figured it out yet. Go into your light properties panel and turn up the ambient light to 100% and re-render. Do you see anything now? Are you looking through the camera view when you setup your render?

Epita
03-26-2003, 02:43 AM
make sure that you are saving the image, esp if it takes a while, go to render options, output files, RGB and save save save. because LW crashes all the time

Epita

hrgiger
03-26-2003, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Epita
... because LW crashes all the time

Epita

That's a pretty general statement. Perhaps, you have a conflict with your system. Lightwave for me never crashes during a render. Occasionally, Layout will crash when I close it but that doesn't bother me since I've already saved my work and am closing LW. I've had a render going solid for the last three days while surfing the internet and it's never crashed on me.

Besides, mmecca didn't say anything about LW crashing?

harhar
03-26-2003, 07:31 AM
make sure you turned on your computer.

mmecca
03-26-2003, 09:27 PM
its not that it doesnt display anything...ive def. checked on that....it just, never renders. i dont understand, i have other scenes that render....and this one (and like...1 or 2 others) seem to not want to

Skonk
03-27-2003, 04:09 AM
Just to comment on hrgiger's point, i also very rarely suffer from crashes, i do get the crash on quitting from time to time but i susspect that its caused by a plugin rather than lightwave its self. But i do find lightwave to be very stable (im using winxp pro).

James..

hrgiger
03-27-2003, 09:51 AM
Hey Spank, I'm also using WinXP pro. Have you had more crashes since you installed the 7.5b patch? Like I said, LW usually only crashes upon exiting for me but it seems to do it more since the patch.