PDA

View Full Version : Need Dynamics Abort Ability

lasvideo
06-01-2004, 08:27 PM
Newtek engineers. .....please implement the ability to abort the calculate function in the Dynamics Properties. Having to wait for the calculating process on complicated but misguided animations is a BIG time waster! I appreciate all the good stuff you guys do...this just needs some attention.

Panikos
06-01-2004, 08:49 PM
Dunno about LW8, but in Lw75c MotionDesigner aborts with CTRL key.

:D

lasvideo
06-01-2004, 09:01 PM
It works only intermittantly. A blessing when it does, and lots of cursing when it doesnt!

It seems related to how complex the calculations are in the dynamics of the scene. I tested some simple ones and it worked. I tried a new tutorial on this site called Hard_FX and it would not respond and stubbornly completed the entire long, slow process. Go figure...

UnCommonGrafx
06-02-2004, 06:19 PM
The Object panel or lw proper need to be selected for it to notice the control press.

hrgiger
06-02-2004, 07:38 PM
If you're simulation is even remotely complex, it's almost impossible to abort the simulation in 8. It would be nice to be able to have the ctrl key actually work and not crash layout.

stef
06-03-2004, 07:46 AM
Try Control Escape keys. Works for me...

lasvideo
06-03-2004, 08:06 AM
Again... the control key is the operative key here, and on simulations of some complexity the sysem appears to freeze, but is really just continuing to compute the dynamics until it is done,
and DOEs NOT respond to the abort attempt using control.
Try out the new Hard_FX tutorial demo at the NT site and it
will repeatedly confirm this situation.