PDA

View Full Version : Ability to turn of OpenGL transparency in Modeler

stoehr
03-25-2003, 04:50 PM
Ability to turn of OpenGL transparency in Modeler, without having to change the surface in the Surface Editor. Maybe make it an option under display options.

harhar
03-25-2003, 06:41 PM
what's wrong with openGL transparency?

Mylenium
03-26-2003, 12:33 AM
Oh my, please not even more Open GL modes. Why don't you use sketch if you can't see your polys properly (assuming that is your problem)? It even works with colored wireframes.

Mylenium

stoehr
03-26-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Mylenium
Oh my, please not even more Open GL modes. Why don't you use sketch if you can't see your polys properly (assuming that is your problem)? It even works with colored wireframes.

Mylenium

Yes, I'm aware of sketch mode, but it would be nice to disable OpenGL transparency (it would be a convenience).

Capt Lightwave
03-26-2003, 06:00 AM
A *hidden line* mode like the one in XSI would be heaven....or a selectable wire color in sketch mode, if that's easier.

The XSI hidden line mode makes me drool though....imagine THAT in LAYOUT.....ggaaaaaagggghhhhh

DaveW
03-26-2003, 11:58 AM
Turning off OpenGL transparency would be nice when you need to edit a model that is already surfaced with transparency. It doesn't help that LW's transparency looks awful. The problem with sketch mode is there is no shading and it's hard to determine depth. And it wouldn't require a new OpenGL mode either, just a global switch in the display options, same way Layout does it. Supposedly Modeler's transparency is determined by Layouts, so if you turn off transparency in Layout with the hub active, transparency is supposed to turn off in Modeler, but that has never worked for me or a lot of other people. I don't think that's even a very good way of doing it, even if it did work.