PDA

View Full Version : free upgrade from 7.5

ddadourian
06-01-2004, 10:40 AM
Sorry if this has been answered already...

I bought the academic edition of LW 7.5 with "free upgrade" to 8.0 from Academic Superstore in March. What do I have to do to get the upgrade to 8.0???

Thanks

DD

Kurtis
06-01-2004, 02:56 PM
ddadourian,

It's explained in the first post of this thread:
Confirmation Page for [8] Upgrades Purchased through Resellers (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?threadid=21943)

ddadourian
06-07-2004, 07:35 AM
Kurtis,

I tried following your recommendations. I put in my serial number, etc. and got the following:

"We're sorry! The serial number 354xxxxxx you entered is not a serial number that is a LightWave 3D 7.x upgrade to LightWave 3D [8] purchased through a reseller."

I didn't know if I should make public my serial number here, so I replaced the numbers with x's.

Since I didn't purchase an "update", but rather bought 7.5 with the 'free' update to 8.0, what am I supposed to do?

Thanks,

Dan

ted
06-07-2004, 01:09 PM
What has NewTek said when you called or e-mailed them?

ddadourian
06-07-2004, 04:25 PM
I called customer service. When they answered, (sounds like they've been really busy lately) they were very helpful. At first they said that I never registered based on my serial number. Once they found my name in their system, they had my address. Oddly, they didn't have me registered for any specific product.

They said that my copy of LW8 should ship in a couple of days.

DD