PDA

View Full Version : Exporting from LW7.5 (NEWBIE)

Xenobyte0
03-25-2003, 03:27 PM
every time i try to export my LW 7.5 model in Moddeller, to any format, i get a window "program caused an exception error"

any ideas?

and i have completely reinstalled 1ce

hrgiger
03-25-2003, 11:15 PM
Are you using a cracked copy of Lightwave or do you have a dongle? Cracked copies can often have lots of little bugs (or viruses) associated with them. If you have a legitimate version of LW, then contact Newtek and I'm sure they can help you.

Epita
03-26-2003, 02:48 AM
if it is cracked, whos it from. The SMB and Trinity vers (most pop) is very stable and works, it exports without crashing. So go and get that if u use a crack. otherwize get some money and get LW for real, try getting a new exporter plugin aswell

Also beats u for being a rookie (thud)

Epita

Capt Lightwave
03-26-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Epita
if it is cracked, whos it from. The SMB and Trinity vers (most pop) is very stable and works, it exports without crashing. So go and get that if u use a crack.

Wh...wh...WHAT ??!??!??!

AnaQuista
03-26-2003, 10:14 AM
after the global affairs of the last six month nothing surprises me, but you must admire the cheek!

Rory_L
03-27-2003, 01:29 AM
Epita, unwrite that quickly before the really savage users read it and give you the rookie beating! I`m saying this for your health! Edit now!!!

R

Skonk
03-27-2003, 03:55 AM
Epita has always been open and honest about the legitimacy of his lightwave which is a good thing imo:)

Rory_L
03-27-2003, 06:05 AM
Epita has always been open and honest about the legitimacy of his lightwave
What, that it`s cracked or that it`s not cracked?

Wait: don`t tell me! I don`t want that written here, not on the official NewTek Lightwave Forum!!! I just don`t want moderators spotting something Epita might say in a fit of misplaced bravery and suing his a.ss! No one on this forum should be advocating the use of cracked LWs or indicating that they have any familiarity with them.

R

PS. I`ve had to put a fullstop into a.ss to get it to print. Without it I get ***! What if I do a model of the donkey-like animal of that name? This is censorship gone too far!

Capt Lightwave
03-27-2003, 06:34 AM
Hmmm, I'd better edit this message before hell is loose.....

Xenobyte0
04-04-2003, 12:43 PM
i completely forgot i had posted this meessage!

anyway, onto the point i wanted to make

I am 15, and would like to break into the games industry. People cant expect guys like me to fork out 2500 (or whatever the price is) for a copy of lightwave. I know that this is illegal, but it is giving me a grounding for my future. Maybe Newtek could release a legal version for someone like me at a cut price?

blinblue
04-05-2003, 03:55 PM
Well for the most part downloading cracked programs is wrong. But I downloaded a cracked version of LW to make sure it was the right program for me, and now I will buy a real version of it. So if I couldn't have downloaded it I would not buy it, but now that i have, I am going to buy one (haven't yet, but will soon). So in this case Newtek has made money because of the cracked version. The way I see it, if you download a cracked program and you use it for more than a month, just go and buy it yourself.

ChandlerL
04-06-2003, 12:06 AM
Xenobyte,

I think you can obtain a demo CD from Newtek. If memory serves, it's fully functional except for a watermark on the render output. On their old site, they used to have a downlink right on their product page. Was their a policy change? hmm.

Call 'em up. Worth a shot.

Xenobyte0
04-06-2003, 06:46 AM
never knew about the demo version, ill see what i can get

thnx people