PDA

View Full Version : Layer Control

ali
06-01-2004, 06:05 AM
More Layer Control Tools would be nice. The tools I mention here are all used in cad softwares like Autocad, etc. and very helpful.
Layer Isolate: Pick a polygon/polygons; use layer isolate command and all layers except the layers of your selection will be turned off.
Layer Isolate 2: Pick a polygon/polygons; use layer isolate 2 command and all layers except the layers of your selection will be put to the background.
Layer On: Turn all layers on.
Layer Info: Info command should contain the polygon layers name.
Layer Control Bar should be an openable window. It wastes too much space on screen when working on large projects.

If there are already plugins that do what i mentioned above please inform me. Especially, Layer Isolate tool.

Karmacop
06-03-2004, 10:13 AM
These are for you ... an everyone else. Hope you find them useful. I only made them because you requested them, but these are really handy tools and I wish I had thought of them. Any feedback or new suggestions are welcomed. Also, in the descriptions below you'll see I only mention points. This is because in the scripts I've only referenced points, but the scripts seem to work if you select polygons too .. at least with my limited testing. So if there's any troubles with polygons just tell me and I'll try to fix the scripts. Now for the descriptions:

All Layers to FG: Puts all layers with data into the foreground.

All BG Layers to FG: Adds all background and layers with into the foreground.

Remove Unselected Layers: If any layer's points are unselected then the layer is made unseen.

Remove selected Layers: If any layer's points are selected then the layer is made unseen.

Selected Layers to BG: If any layer's points are selected then the layer is put into the background.

UnSelected Layers to BG: If any layer's points are unselected then the layer is put into the background.

Remove Empty Layers: Any layers without data are made unseen.

EDIT: I fiexed the problem with the scripts where it'd only work on the first open object, and added a new script;
All BG Layers to FG.

Karmacop
06-03-2004, 10:31 AM
Oh, and I've only tested these with LW8, so I'm not sure how well they'll work in earlier versions, or if they'll work at all.

Karmacop
06-04-2004, 08:17 AM
Hmm .. I've just tried this on a different object, and for some reason some scripts aren't working .. I'm looking into it ....

Karmacop
06-04-2004, 08:48 AM
Ok I just fixed the scripts and added a new one. The problem was the script only worked on the first open object. I should read the docs properly. The new script is All BG Layers to FG, which adds all background and layers with into the foreground.

If you've downloaded this before you should download the new zip in the original post.

Karmacop
06-04-2004, 09:18 AM
The scripts as well as pictures on what each script does is now on my website. You can get them at http://www.ghostoutpost.com/lscript.php?code=2

blabberlicious
06-04-2004, 09:19 AM
Thanks a bundle for this - all works fine on a Mac.

Much appreciated

Karmacop
06-04-2004, 09:45 AM
Great! :) Thanks a lot for testing it. :)

I thought after 25 downloads more people would have replied, especially since the lscripts wouldn't have been working in most cases :p

Karmacop
06-05-2004, 10:01 AM
I've updated this again. Check http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=184915#post184915 for details, or just go to http://www.ghostoutpost.com/lscript.php?code=2 to download the new version.

blabberlicious
06-05-2004, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the update - come up lazy downloaders - give it up for Karmacop!

Kuzey
06-05-2004, 08:21 PM
That's too cool.....many thanks Karm!!

Kuzey