PDA

View Full Version : Rednering pricing

BEDOFDOLLS
05-31-2004, 03:13 PM
I have had some companys contact me to deal with rendering of various products, not modelling.

How much (roughly) should i charge for this, i know it will varie slightly on each product,

How much per day or per hour, again very rough figures will do, just so i have something to go by.

MrWyatt
06-01-2004, 01:43 AM
I think this is a pretty vague question. Try to have a look at rendering farm pricings. I believe they donīt go much higher than 1 $ per GHrz/hour. So you should be able to calkulate how many GHrz your renderfarm has and how many hours the rendering will take and you got the answer.

Matt
06-01-2004, 03:21 AM
You'll have to setup the scene though right? You should charge an regular hourly rate for that, unless you negotiate a fixed price for the whole job.

For just having your computer render without any interaction from you, I agree with MrWyatt you can't really charge more that what the render farms charge.

It's difficult though, what do you charge to earn some money but not scare them off coming back!!

I guess it's what feels a fair deal for you, but don't be afraid to charge what you're worth, you're a professional!

:)

BEDOFDOLLS
06-01-2004, 04:42 AM
It will be converting cad files, scene set up, surfacing and rendering

handron
06-01-2004, 11:43 AM
Most CAD files that I have converted still needed some clean up. I would charge the standard hourly rate with an estimate of time needed.

nerdyguy227
06-02-2004, 01:09 PM
charge 5 cents less than respower and you will probibly get a good amount of money.

Respower I believe currentaly charges $0.50 for a GHz/Hr.