PDA

View Full Version : LW 8 Fiat 500

neversummer
05-31-2004, 12:04 PM
my first car based off of a 3D Max tutorial so you've probably seen alot of 'em around, (N-Gons in next update?!). This car is circa 1957, radiosity/hdri renders.... ,animation to follow once I get my hands on FPrime! For those who do not have LW 8: The added Edge Bevel (chamfur I guess) is pretty sweeeeeet when it comes to technical modeling.

neversummer
05-31-2004, 12:06 PM
more views:

neversummer
05-31-2004, 12:07 PM
wire:

emoboy83
06-01-2004, 05:01 AM
nice work, especially on the texturing. a little insight on your texturing setting would be appreciated.

neversummer
06-01-2004, 06:19 AM
another render,

emoboy83: for the body 'paint' I used incedence angles on the diffuse, reflection and color channels. I usually use hdr for still images and have the fast fresnel shader with reflectivity, diffuse and specular on. The settings for these channels change depending on what hdri I'm using. I also use the bloom and corona post processing plug-ins....

emoboy83
06-07-2004, 12:08 AM
cool thanks.

veljko
06-07-2004, 02:01 AM
looks great!
cool modeling, cool texturing-
:)

kfinla
06-07-2004, 06:59 AM
r u gonna do a beatup, worn version of the car?

Personally i like doin that kinda stuff cuz it makes things much more realistic. I hated always having to do all the prestine brand spankin new look we had to in Illustration, but i know it made sense to to sell product.

Nice clean mesh btw, my only crits are that theres a littles faceting on the front above the bumper, u might wanna try making a "layout' lwo of your car and metaform smooth it to add in geometry to the curves that start to fall apart close up. I often will have 2 versions of a project, the unmirrored working model for modeller, and the mirrored everything on one layer version for layout . it may work like a charm metaforming the mesh, it may facet the hell outa your curved panels. but it should do the first, i think it just inbetweens your geom lines.

Also the hood and door need to be a little more flush with the body where they meet. those r my nit picks.

LAV
06-08-2004, 04:33 AM
Compliments!
I'd prefer a bit of life (dirt, noise etc.). Fiat 500 was my first car!
:(

Abigor
06-08-2004, 07:08 PM
hey man, its aaron from illustration... remember me?! :) i saw ur fiat a few days ago but i didnt no it was urs. ken fin just told me though. good job man! good to see ur gettin into LW. im workin at mr.x in TO and they have me using maya... so blah, wat can u do. im tryin to talk them into lettin me use LW.

anyway, keep up the good work man. L8a!

neversummer
06-09-2004, 06:13 AM
hey aaron, your alive after sheridan! I'll have to look for the mr.x site online... it's not dirty is it? And at least they're not making you use strata there....good 'ol strata

speaking of dirt: LAV: I'm working on a rusted out, dirty beat up version of the fiat.... I dunno when it will be done on (too much actual work to do lately) but I'll post it asap...

neversummer
06-21-2004, 12:40 PM
here's some stills of the fiat with the 'dirty 'ol maps' applied...

I think I'll do an ani of the new fiat morphing into the rusted out version... probably by just compositing two seperate .mov's in after effects...

neversummer
06-21-2004, 01:11 PM
front view:

neversummer
07-23-2004, 10:39 AM
here's the last of my renders... I think I prefere the white Fiat rather than the blue:

adrian
07-23-2004, 01:58 PM
Awesome modelling.

Adrian.

LAV
07-25-2004, 06:52 AM
Oh! A dirty old map! Compliments!
It's a real good thing. Now, try to produce a normal, typical painting: white not so reflecting and shining one. Then, here and there, a bit of dirt and rust produced by little 'crash', 'bump', '****...!', 'you! ****!'. An so on. If I could explain myself!
Congratulation! Fine modelling!

-----------------

Lw is a zen way to have fine car incident.