PDA

View Full Version : Export to RIB?

kennez
05-31-2004, 08:29 AM
I am about to start work on a project that will be rendered with the 3Delight renderer (we are working on scenes with different apps, but we want a common renderer). Is there a decent FREE plugin that will export from Lightwave to RIB files and include all the shaders? I have tried one I found on Flay.ocm, but it doesn't seem to handle shaders.

Mylenium
05-31-2004, 12:58 PM
What shaders? If you mean the ones on the advanced tab - those are LW only. I don't think that it is possible to export some of the multi layer textured channels as well, since LW uses different implementations (the notorious Multiply for instance). BTW, I don't think you will find something for free that takes advantage of anything in Renderman other than storing geometry, basic shading properties and animation (in part). Even with commercial plugins many things don't seem possible. I'm dimly recalling some tools from some hungarian guys and one of my German mates also was developing a RIB exporter. Don't have the links handy, though.

Mylenium

bloontz
05-31-2004, 01:02 PM
You are probably thinking about LightMan? http://www.td-grafik.de/softw/lightman.php?lang=en You can test it with up to three abjects and one light for free. I haven't tried it.