PDA

View Full Version : LW8 Cloth Dynamics...ARG!!

Lynx3d
05-31-2004, 05:15 AM
Could someone PLEASE tell me the darn settings that were used for the jump_dress scene on the content CD??

I can't get it working at all if i try to calculate a new solution.
Basically seems to ignore half of the settings and collision generally doesn't work properly, no matter how small i set the resolution, the legs gp through the skirt! (yes, i did add a CollisionFX to the mocap_chic_collision object)

I'm going nuts!
Did they cheat when creating the .mdd-file or what??

problemchild
06-01-2004, 10:27 AM
Sorry, can't help you myself, but I did look at this scene and ran into the same trouble.

I opted for using the dress scene as a guide as the calculation works for that scene, but then also ran into difficulty trying to replicate the dress motion with my own object. My simulation explodes instantly with or without that collision object and with the same exact (copied) settings as the dress scene.

I've got MD to work in past, and I'm assuming it's my own misunderstanding and I have something wrong with the mesh.

As far as the jump scene goes, would be far more useful if it were set up so the calculation works. I agree.

here's pluging away until enlightenment.

Lynx3d
06-01-2004, 11:56 AM
Oookay...who made that scene? Proton? :)

I also made some experiments with Motion Designer that worked fine, but it was quite complicated with baking bone deformations etc and my scene was far from being finished.
But with LW8 cloth dynamics the objects always got through the cloth sooner or later, on some objects even go complete nuts,
like at a certaion frame it looks like a granade exploded below the skirt :confused: