PDA

View Full Version : Parenting Skelegons in the Skelegon Tree

Zach
05-31-2004, 12:26 AM
Is there a way to parent bones in modeler where the bones are parented in place vs. moving towards the tip of the parent bone?

Lalin
12-04-2005, 12:51 PM
Did you solve this problem?

Surrealist.
12-05-2005, 12:43 AM
not sure of the exact problem you are trying to solve but if you weld the tip and the end points of two bones together they will become parented, likewise you can unparent with unweld.

Not sure if this will even help but just additional information.

As to parenting bones that are not connected or in the same space I believe you have to do that in Layout.

BeeVee
12-05-2005, 02:39 AM
D'Oh! Forget what I just said, no you cannot parent in place using the Skelegon Tree...

B

colkai
12-05-2005, 03:13 AM
If you need to parent in place within modeller, you need to skip the skelegon tree and use Skleegon Editor (a 3rd party plugin http://www.flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=1529 ).

The method of parenting is confusing initially though so be warned. Also, when loading the rig in Layout, you cannot "convert skelegons", but rather, need to use the 2nd part of plugin called skelegon reader. I can tell you though that it does work. IMO though, I'd stick with just doing it in layout once you've converted your skelegons, unless the rig must be fully parented within modeller for some reason.

Lalin
12-05-2005, 06:53 AM
Thank you very much every one!

I think I'll probably opt for "no parenting", I'll try keep it as clean as possible.

BTW: Has anyone tried the vertex painter? it's amazing!

Cheers!
Lalin