PDA

View Full Version : ERROR: Cannot Set Stream Format?

FONGOOL
05-30-2004, 11:32 AM
I tried to render out an AVI using the Sony DV codec and I get this error.

ERROR: Cannot Set Stream Format

What does it mean?

rendering uncompressed frames works fine.

Steve:confused:

Exception
05-30-2004, 01:51 PM
Its a problem with the codec, not with lightwave. Most codecs only allow you to render specific resolutions. So if you NEED to use that codec, look up what resolutions it supports (usually selecting a standard PAL or NTSC resolution will work) and maybe make sure Save Alpha to the animation is off, and so forth. you could also use another codec. Most codecs have this problem. Only ones that I know which are completely resolution independent are Cinepak and Indeo, but they suck so much you better not go near them.

FONGOOL
05-31-2004, 12:56 PM
Thanks Exception! Yeah, my first thought was resolution because the Sony DV only handles DVD rez but changing my settings to match didn't fix it.

I'll check alpha settings and such, those didn't cross my mind...

It's not life or death that I be able to use that codec, I'm running on a Vaio and it's just one that the built-in DVD authoring has been happy with in the past so I figured I'd stick with it if possible. If not I can always convert it in Premiere. :)

Steve

Exception
05-31-2004, 02:26 PM
its usually a combo between resolution x bit depth x BPS. The resolution may be fine but maybe not with the quality you chose, or something else...

you know of course that rendering to individual frames and afterwards combining into an avi is better than direct to avi right?

FONGOOL
05-31-2004, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I knew that, I was just lazy and felt like living a little bit dangerously. :D And when I saw the Sony DV codec in the list I just thought I'd give it a try...