PDA

View Full Version : Spider Attack !!!!

Turri
05-30-2004, 08:35 AM
okay here my Final of a Spider Attack ....

http://www.turrican.gamevoice.de/galerie/3d/spinneneuGrossFinal.jpg

comments plz !!

;)

knuckles644
05-30-2004, 12:04 PM
That's very cool. Great idea and great stylized look. Reminds me of Final Fantasy 7 when you fight the Scorpian boss. :)

Mind posting some WIP shots?

dblanky
05-30-2004, 03:57 PM
Nice pic! Looks familiar for some reason!

Only crit I have is that the spiders shell seems to be reflecting something blue and a bit of green from somewhere? perhaps your using a spherical reflection map or something, but I would give it more of a redness so it doesn't look out of place.

miso popovic
05-31-2004, 01:38 AM
very nice! Maybe there's little to much happening in one shot, so many colors and objects. still, cool!

riki
05-31-2004, 03:20 AM
Looks great, reminds me a little bit of SimTech MTS.Arach (http://www.3dluvr.com/davewilson/makingof/arach/MakingOfArach.htm), but well done.

MorituriMax
05-31-2004, 12:59 PM
Excellent work.. only thing that got me was I had to force myself to think of it as full sized.. the tubes and stuff on the floor make it look like its a bunch of childrens toys fighting.. or maybe its just too crowded.. no one place draws the eye.

Thanks for the post

Chiaroscuro
05-31-2004, 01:25 PM
I agree that it could use some smaller details to make the scene look larger, but overall its really good.

-Chiaroscuro

sKb875
06-01-2004, 08:16 AM
That looks very good! :-D Was the laser added later, or was it rendered?

The thing about the size... Well, maybe that's how he wants it to be, because it's "Spider attack" and think how things would look from a pretty big spider. Not sure if that's how it's supposed to be, but that's what I got out of it.

Zarathustra
06-01-2004, 09:10 AM
OUCH!

Looks cool. I like the spider design. Can you show more of it?

sheidi
06-02-2004, 06:06 AM
What troubles me is the reflection. The environment looks quite red, meaning red "fog" is seen everywhere, but still reflections from the legs show clear blue sky. That's something I would change... Otherwise nice work..

Turri
06-02-2004, 07:40 AM
Hi at all, many Thanks for Replys and Critique

@skb875

the laser is a Plane with prozentual Textures and a Gradient.

@Sheidi
@dblancy

The material on the Spider is intended so. This gives a Air Brush Look and lifts the Spider out. ;)

@riki

you are right .. Ive beeing inspired from dave wilson simtech arach.

thanks all ;)

Turri
06-02-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by knuckles644
That's very cool. Great idea and great stylized look. Reminds me of Final Fantasy 7 when you fight the Scorpian boss. :)

Mind posting some WIP shots?

Hi , some older pic of the Spider are on my page :)

my Page (http://www.turrican.gamevoice.de)

sorry for my bad english

iandavis
06-02-2004, 07:47 PM
The reason we interpret it as small scale is the slight blurring around the edges, which leads us to believe it's depth of field blurring. Which only happens to that extent when an object is either very close to the lense or with an extremely fast lense, say 1.4. A good rule of thumb, NEVER use depth of field related blurring unless your objects are within a few feet of the camera, and the scale is very clear, that is, they are people or recognizable objects like teacups or the like.

As for the blue, it would work very nicely if the other reflective objects in the scene ALSO reflected this colour. In fact, the red with blue hilights is very common with great illustrators like Micheal Whelan, creates a dramatic mood and helps describe the shape and dimensions of the objects. Can also be used to help the viewer with time of day.

I would also like to see the camera at a slightly different angle, removing some of the more distracting elements in the foreground and focusing on the very interesting and lushly rendered spider.

yummi work.

hazmat777
06-03-2004, 01:14 AM
iandavis-
Excellent point about D.O.F.

Love the feel of the render. Maybe up and to the left a tinsy bit with the camera? Great work!