PDA

View Full Version : LightsaberBladeTest

Terrificfool
05-30-2004, 08:08 AM
Here's a few frames from a qucik lightsaber blade animation I did to prepare for compositing a lightsaber blade into one of my friend's home movie scenes. I'd like to post the animation, its 1.1 megs, but not sure how? Anyway, heres one of the better frames:

dblanky
05-30-2004, 04:25 PM
could you give us a composited image of it?

Terrificfool
05-30-2004, 05:34 PM
Wish I had that done, will have it done as soon as I get the footage and have ample time to set it up. Its gonna change to a double lightsaber blade in the end. I should get the footage into DFX+ by either tonight or tommorrow morning. I'll post more pics as it goes along.

Terrificfool
06-03-2004, 10:50 AM
My computer has just crashed big time, I've managed to boot it up three times successfully in the past 3 days, so everything's essentially gone for now. :confused:

hazmat777
06-04-2004, 01:43 AM
Sorry to hear that.

Do you think it might be a power supply problem? That's what I would look at if I thought my hard drives were o.k.

Good luck with it.

Alliante
06-04-2004, 05:52 AM
You do realize that you could have created the whole blade effect without the overhead of Lightwave in DFX+ itself by using masks and feathers

There are numerous After Effects tutorials on the web, and most ideas are directly applicable to DFX's masks--though the full grouping that's included in full blown Digital Fusion is much better than DFX+.

Alliante
06-04-2004, 05:55 AM
Just a bit o' proof for ya ;)

Alliante
06-04-2004, 05:56 AM
Ack!

I'm sorry for the size, I thought it'd resize it to a smaller thumbnail and be clickable.

Terrificfool
06-06-2004, 03:00 PM
Well, I would like to do that, although traditionally I thought you would do it with DFX Paint, which I dont have, and I found a lightsaber tutorial on the internet for lightwave and remembered it a bit in my head. I'll try the DFX technique and see if that turns out to work easier, as I will be working with the focus. The only thing about your system is it doesnt blur the trailing edge, although you could just add motion blur that that outer polyline. I've managed reinstall windows, but until I get it GHOSTed, I'm not installing LW or DFX.