PDA

View Full Version : using movies as textures...

eso76
05-30-2004, 07:19 AM
Hi all,
just a quick question.

I remember doing this a lot but for some reason i can't get it to work anymore..
I could load avi files (even divx or any kind of compressed movie, really, as long as i had the appropriate codec installed in windows) and use it as texture maps (or bump maps etc) and they would play along with Layout timeline..

I don't remember doing anything different in order to make it work (just switching to 'all file types' when loading the image to be used as a texture) and the manual says nothing different..

The point is, i always used it and it doesn't seem to work now, even thogh i am using the exact same movie files.. Any idea what happened ? : \ I need to animate a scene with a few modeled monitors playing different clips...

Exception
05-30-2004, 01:53 PM
Isnt that a plugin that allows that? Look on flay...

dblanky
05-30-2004, 04:29 PM
Hmm avi should just work by loading them into the image editor then using them as a texture, but if they aren't maybe you should try changing the file type with something

prospector
05-30-2004, 09:06 PM
Make sure you pick sequence and not image

toby
05-31-2004, 02:56 PM
Make sure that the Alpha is 'Disabled', frequently it will default to 'Enabled' even when there is no alpha in your file, which means a black alpha -> no picture.

eso76
06-01-2004, 02:04 PM
No, no plugin needed for that, it would just load a movie file (in any format you have the appropriate codec installed for) instead of an image file and it would work perfectly just like that.

Originally posted by toby
Make sure that the Alpha is 'Disabled', frequently it will default to 'Enabled' even when there is no alpha in your file, which means a black alpha -> no picture.

Hmm...never thought of that, but you may be right.
Actually today i tried again and it worked just fine :) i didn't do anything different; maybe it really enabled alpha by itself...

Oh well :)

Thanks to you all ! :)