PDA

View Full Version : file management?

hamilton
05-28-2004, 08:39 AM
I'm working in VT3, and confused about my file management and project retrieval in VTEdit.
I use A/B style in my preferences, and stagger my clips in the timeline.
How should I save my project so that when I want to open it again it is the same as when I saved it?
It seems that no matter which way I save it i.e. "Save As", "Save", etc., the process forces the separate clips in my project to join together on one line and become one long clip.
Michael Hamilton

ted
05-28-2004, 09:16 AM
This was just covered earlier this week. I've never heard of this before, but obviously, something is up???
I'd call or e-mail tech support and give them a complete description of your system and method of saving.
I tried several ways to re-create this and have not seen it once.

hamilton
05-28-2004, 09:56 AM
I called NewTek and just got the answer.
I've been trying to drag my project files from the filebin directly onto the timeline. According to the tech on the phone this automaticly turns the file into a sub-project.
So opening the file from the popdown menu in the upper right corner is the way to do it. I tried it and it works!

Michael Hamilton

Jim Capillo
05-28-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by hamilton
I called NewTek and just got the answer.
I've been trying to drag my project files from the filebin directly onto the timeline. According to the tech on the phone this automaticly turns the file into a sub-project.

Now, THAT'S cool....... I've already thought of a couple of things I can use that for :cool: