PDA

View Full Version : Bones!!

lizer
05-28-2004, 06:47 AM
Sorry if this is an old Thread, i am new to this forum so not sure what has been disscussed!!

I have been using Lightwave for a while now, but have never worked out how to use bones, and it is becoming increasingly ovious that it would help me a great deal with my character animations.

To start with i would love some help on a very basic level with bones. I have a tube like arm with a hand at the bottom, i just want to be able to bend this arm any which way i like.

If any one can give me some advice for links to great tutorials that will help me get this right that would be great.

Cheers

Lizer

lizer
05-28-2004, 01:15 PM
thought u might wanna see what i am trying to create!

FONGOOL
05-28-2004, 01:46 PM
Go to digiwonk.com and you'll see where to download a whole series of free videos about character rigging.

Also, go here for a wide range of tutorial links:

http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/Main_Menu.htm

lizer
05-28-2004, 04:31 PM
cheers mate appreciate your help....i had a quick look and this link has exactly what i want, but there just isnt enough of an explanation of how he/she got to the final animation!

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/2057/Tutorials/LW-Tut03-BonesBasic/lwbonesbasic.html

I will keep lookin :)

Lizer

lizer
05-28-2004, 06:14 PM
how can yah not help this wee dude?

:)

lizer
05-28-2004, 06:16 PM
sorry....forgot to upload image!!!

oops!

FONGOOL
05-29-2004, 04:49 PM
:confused: Err... there should be links on digiwonk to a whole SERIES of videos (like 24 of 'em!) that take you through the entire process of rigging up a character with bones. They provide far more detail than you'll need to rig up your lil' guy!:D

Did you see all those? I think the actual movies are on 3d-palace.com or something similarly named, though I think he's going to be hosting them himself soon.

Anyway, the point of them isn't that you arrive at an animation, it's that you arrive at a fully rigged-up character that's ready to BE animated.

I haven't finished going through them all myself, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't spend much, if any, time teaching you how to animate, it's just about rigging up the bones. But there should be some animation tutorials at the second link I gave you.

In fact, I really think you can find everything you need to know for your character right in the tutorial section on this very site!

That's probably why nobdy else is lining up to chip in with more advice... ;)

lizer
05-30-2004, 01:46 PM
dude i have sussed it ...thanks alot for the links

3.30am lastnight....finally got my bones to work....now to suss out how to attach it to everything and have narrrly characters

thanks again

:)