PDA

View Full Version : Sony MDR-V500

SODAPLAY
05-27-2004, 10:33 PM
:)

- SODA

MorituriMax
05-28-2004, 07:07 PM
Nice and clean model. Good plastic texture.

veljko
05-29-2004, 02:08 AM
i like it-
nice touch with the glow on the sony logo-
:)

SODAPLAY
05-29-2004, 09:33 AM

I want to make better render though... do you guys know how to make a spiral phone wire? Because the wire on these headphones are like that. I have no idea how to do it. And another thing is how to control wire, when I set up the scene in layout? With bones? or there is something else?

- SODA

SODAPLAY
05-29-2004, 09:53 AM
Ok, I got it how to do a spiral wire, with lathe tool. But how to move it around in layout, bend and such?

- SODA

igorstshirts
05-31-2004, 01:04 PM
Those look good...
I've got the 700s and they are a good phone but start breaking in the plastic cylinders just above the phones themselves. Nice model.

sliver
06-04-2004, 08:01 AM
I would think you could build a spiral quite easily then use a bone chain. You would have to create some overlapping weightmaps so that the cable curved smoothly though. Use IK to simplify manipulation of the chain, there is a tutorial in the 7.5 manual that explains this, think they do it with a snake.

Consider creating a dead straight spiraled cable (yeh - I know that sounds odd). Add the bones in a straight line, then in layout you can move the bones so the cables as you want it. You can then save the cable out again as an endomorph so you can load the deformed object in and continue manipulating it modeller.

regards, Chris

tptman
06-04-2004, 01:10 PM
The red of the symbol is pretty bright. Maybe back off the opacity a bit? It almost seems to glow. Great model!

si_kick
06-05-2004, 10:41 PM
looks pretty bloody good soda

Mabye try doing them lying down in just a plain white scene or ona table or somthing. Im not really sure what kinda effect ur going for but i think that will really add to this already great model

SODAPLAY
06-06-2004, 10:46 AM
To: sliver
I actually did it the same way, but the spiral is so huge so it is pain in *** to rotate it in layout :) I don't have a super fast computer. Too many polys..
I used split bone tool to split it to 50 polys. However the spiral deformates and doesn't look good.
You were talking about overlapping weightmaps. What is it? Maybe that is the answer for my problem?
If anyone knows how to deform a spiral in layout please help :)

To: si_kick
I want to make a better render in some kinf of environment, but I need to learn how to deform cable first...

- SODA