PDA

View Full Version : Background movie refernce..possible?

Guardian
05-27-2004, 08:09 PM
hi, Just anothe quick question. Is it possible in layout to put a movie file in as a reference to copy from, like a run motion or a jump or anythign like that? Cheers.

Guardian

Signal to Noise
05-27-2004, 11:40 PM
Yes.

First load the video you want in Window|Background Options|Compositing|Background Image field.

The video will only be seen in Camera View so go to Edit|Display Options and at the bottom in the Camera View tab select Background Image for the Camera View Background field.

Then change your view to Camera and voila!, you have a video reference!

Hope this suits your purpose.

[EDIT] I think you'll also need to adjust the Layout time parameter to match the playback of your particular video sequence in order to see it in it's entirety.

Guardian
05-27-2004, 11:47 PM
thx for the reply,
I understood everything you said, but is there only a certain type of movie file you can imput, i tried a .avi and where it says Background Image, it never changes to the file, it just stays as "none". looked in the camera and nothign comes up either.
thanks again

Guardian

Signal to Noise
05-27-2004, 11:56 PM
Okay, first off I'm using LW [8]. This should work for [7]+ but I'm not too sure about older versions.

Yes, AVI's do work. In the Compositing tab when you select Load in the Background Image field you'll need to enable "All Files" when the Load Image explorer window comes up. Select your avi and when succesfully loaded you should have a thumbnail of the avi in the Effects window within the Background Image field.

I'd post some screen shots but don't have time atm.

Guardian
05-27-2004, 11:58 PM
yea, am running 7.5, and yea i did all that, still didnt work, but its ok. ill get it working eventualy. THanks for the help, grealty apreciated.

Guardian

evenflcw
05-28-2004, 05:12 AM
Try and load it in Image Editor first, then set the background. If that doesn't work maybe your input-output plugins aren't loaded properly. If thats not it, then I don't know.

JamesCurtis
05-28-2004, 12:36 PM
If it's DV footage grabbed from a camcorder, you'll need to make sure that DVview.p is loaded as one of the plugins.

FONGOOL
05-28-2004, 01:51 PM
...and there's always the possibility that it's some funky flavor of .avi that's not supported. Maybe it's using divx compression or something?