PDA

View Full Version : Free LScript for Layout: Add Plane

Blochi
05-27-2004, 07:06 PM
Hi everybody,

Are you tired of starting modeler, even if all you want is a simple poly to map something onto? Or a simple ground plane? Or a subdiv plane to displace into a landscape?

Then you should check this out:

www.Blochi.com/gfx/primitives_en.html

have fun,
Blochi

bloontz
05-27-2004, 07:37 PM
That's great! I've always wished layout had a "make plane" button and now it does! Thank you!

siproductions
05-27-2004, 08:27 PM
Very well done. Thanks for the script.

Exper
05-28-2004, 12:16 PM
Great one! ;)

cyphyr
05-28-2004, 01:52 PM
A most excelently great lscript/plugin. I wanna a whole row of them !! A primitives tab in layout !!
Dont want to set you up withh too much extra work but I'd love a full set of layout primitives so one could quickly test out vairous lighting setups etc.
And maybe a room primitive with and without windows would be sweet. Just freewheelin here' hehe
Thanks again
cyphyr

Ztreem
05-28-2004, 03:45 PM
GREAT!!! I've missed this kind of thing since I used Imagine on the Amiga. :D :D

Aquaman
05-28-2004, 03:51 PM
Thanks a bunch Blochi. I can't even count how many times I wished I could do this in layout.

Dickigeeza
05-28-2004, 05:06 PM
Top man Blochi

This is going to be very useful.

Rich

riki
05-29-2004, 04:00 AM
Sweet, that's something I've needed time and time again.

titane357
05-29-2004, 06:20 AM
Thanks Blochi, it's what many people want for years.
Unfortunaly, I think that people want : sphere, cube, teapot, character, cars, trees, .....
Sleep 10000 hours before we ask you more... :D

riki
05-29-2004, 08:24 AM
Wow this is really bizarre. The first time it worked fine.

But when I tried it the second time. I had a Distant Light selected at the time when I hit the 'Add Plane' button. The result, was it flattened my Distant Light to look like a squashed saucer. That 6 sided object currently selected in my screenshot is the Distant Light.

The small round looking object beneath the yellow drip shap is the plane. It's circular in shape becuase I created a subpatched single segmented plane.

riki
05-29-2004, 08:33 AM
Okay I quited out of LW and the Hub and relaunched. This time I it pulverised my camera like a squashed bug. It only seems to be a problem if you have something selected, when you create the Plane.

bloontz
05-29-2004, 09:40 AM
Yep, I get similar results if camera or lights are selected. I also tried it with an object selected and the object dissapeared. Need to be careful that nothing is selected it seems.

Edit: The object didn't disapear, it was just obscured.

Blochi
05-29-2004, 11:07 AM
woow.

Now that's funky.
I will look into this on Tuesday. Don't have the code here. But this definetely needs to be fixed.

Thanks for testing,
and yes, as the name suggests I am planning to make it a bundle... sphere and box would be next. As soon as I find some time.

cheers,
Blochi

Blochi
06-01-2004, 05:02 PM
ok, now its fixed.

Thank you so much for pointing this out.

Luckily, the version I had before was labeled 0.9, so we have a clean v1.0 here, hehe... You can get it at the very same link:
www.Blochi.com/gfx/primitives_en.html

If you don't care about the download site, the direct link would be: www.Blochi.com/gfx/lscripts/AddPlane.zip

The ZIP file and .lsc are all named the same. Just overwrite the old version, and it should pop right into your config (if you added the older one already).

Cheers,
Blochi

cagey5
06-01-2004, 05:32 PM
Tried, tested and thumbs up. This is such a cool plug-in, I use it all the time. Thanks.

riki
06-01-2004, 06:50 PM
Sweet, installed and working perfectly. Many thanks Blochi

dzogchen
06-02-2004, 06:00 AM
THe light and camera doesn't get squashed when selected but after adding a 50m plane to a default scene, the camera move from z-5m to -121m and the light move so close to the plane. Is that a glitch??:confused:

dzogchen
06-02-2004, 06:05 AM
Another quick test, I add a null to the default scene, move the camera to focus at the null, add a plane, this is the result.:confused:

riki
06-02-2004, 07:40 AM
Try keyframing the camera at frame 0, saving the scene and changing the grid size, before creating the plane.

UnCommonGrafx
06-02-2004, 09:23 AM
Blochi,
All I can say is, "Thanks!"

wrosado
06-02-2004, 10:10 AM
Brilliant Plugin!

thanks!

Blochi
06-02-2004, 11:57 AM
Glad you like it.

:D

As you might have guessed, the whole thing is a hack. It uses embedded prebuilt objects, saves them out, and loads them back in... ;) The only tricky part is the preview, otherwise I would already have all primitives on the foundation of this script.
However, the weird camera behaviour on an empty scene is LW standard. This is what LW always does when you load in objects without having an explicit camera keyframe. I moves the camera to fit all objects in frame. It would be easy to fix for the plugin, but I since that this is the expected standard behavour for the initial scene setup, I just left it at this.

cheers,
Blochi

stef
06-02-2004, 04:38 PM
When I do NOT tick "Save as new object" and subsequently click OK, I get "Crazy Error occured. Drives me mad. I cannot reach the objects directory".
Are you aware of it, Blochi?
Otherwise very useful plug in. Thanks!

Blochi
06-02-2004, 05:08 PM
That error comes up when you have no objects directory defined by Lightwave or it cannot reach it. So you either have an invalid or inaccessible Content folder, or your latest objectpath is inaccessible, or something along that line.
That error should not appear, if you have already an object in your scene.

Blochi

nerdyguy227
06-02-2004, 06:24 PM
I always wanted some plugin that did something like this.

Many MANY thanks!!!

I would reccomend NewTek to buy it and put it in their next version of LW it is so useful!