PDA

View Full Version : Bookmark (Childrens Book Council of Australia)

emoboy83
05-27-2004, 05:58 PM
Heres a quick job i did for my design course at uni. Its an application of a logo i created onto a bookmark. The 3D took probably 2 hours.

emoboy83
05-27-2004, 06:00 PM
and here it is in red. also the colours are a little screwy cause this job is set up for print.

riki
05-27-2004, 06:53 PM
Looks good. Though I'm not sure if the logo works in 3d. It's instantly recognizable when seen as a 2d graphic, but looks a bit abstract in 3d. Nice work though.

emoboy83
05-27-2004, 07:11 PM
mmm, it is abstracted i agree although i dont know if this detracts from the work itself. as you say the 2d images is recognisable and that is what is importent. also this projects main aim was to create a conceptually strong logo and apply it to many promotional materials (i only posted this its the only 3d i used). anyway im not disregarding your comment because if this piece was stand alone then yes it wouldnt hold up.

riki
05-27-2004, 08:01 PM
Sorry I hope it doesn't sound like I'm making more work for you :)

Just as another option to consider. You could loose the 3d version and emboss a white 2d version onto the cover of the top book.

If that's too boring another alternative which would be fun for kids, would be to have a colourful toon like 3d character sitting in the same pose, reading a book.

I just think that the red logo gets a bit lost on a red background.

emoboy83
05-27-2004, 08:05 PM
haha, i origanally planned on having a character sitting on the top reading but i was short on time. great minds think alike. i didnt use the red one in the final presentation though because of the reasons you said.