PDA

View Full Version : animate uv's

JONO
05-27-2004, 04:27 PM
hello

i am very fustrated.
i waited weeks for lightwvae 8. one of the gfeatures i was excited about was animated UV's .

now this may seem a silly thing to be excited about, but i am doing alot of projects were i must show data flowing down the tracks on a board. fo course the oldway of doing this was animating along a straight track and then create an endomorph for its shape - this would cause stretching and speed changes etc.

so now i get lw8 and its great - i make the model - uv it straighten out the uv - apply the texture then.... use the cycle uv option ( the only option ). it is set to cycle at 1.0 per second.
great it works ! nice.
BUT
it is too fast for my likes - i want to slow it down - i make it cycle at .2 or whatever of a seond. now it goes slower BUT the textures seems to fade and reset its position something like that every second !?!?!?!?!!

SO I DONT GET ONE LONG CONTINUOUS ( cant spell that for the life of me ) FLOW OF DATA but instead a broken up pattern that is not suffice !

HELP ME PLEASE

jeanphi
05-28-2004, 05:52 AM
I think it would have been better if you could use a null as ref-object like the old way but NT didn't had that smart idea... :(

I realy want NT to "UNIFY" all LW tools and ergonomics.
LW is now so confusing with all those half made tools with differents ergonomics :mad: !!!

archimage3d
06-23-2004, 09:09 AM
Does anybody have a workaround for this as I am trying to animate a normal mapped texture (which requires uvs) to simulate some effects.

All help gratefully received!

Cheers

Mark

GregMalick
06-23-2004, 08:01 PM
Here's a crazy idea...Animate once to a series of images (number or renumber them odd numbers). Do another animation with the flow slightly offset (making even number images). Then put the image sequence together and make an avi/mov. That would slow it down by half. Don't ask me how to offset the data flowing down a track.... I'm not even sure what that means.

Crazy or what?

Rich
05-12-2005, 04:39 PM
I am having the same problem. I am trying out the animated UV option in Layout.
setting of 1.0 is too fast. Setting it below to say .5 makes the UV move slower but it only moves a little and then jumps back to the start, so the texture ends up skipping.