PDA

View Full Version : N.E. / Newcastle upon Tyne L.W. users?

neilp
05-27-2004, 02:53 PM
Any L.W. junkies in the north east of england or tyne & wear area for exchange of tips n trix and general wave chat...I have been using L.W. for 2 yrs and am still at the bottom of a long and ever steep learning curve....web chat's cool or whatever. I run a 3d architectural visualisation practice in newcastle with a healthy client list our wk can be seen at www.visualimpactuk.com any comments or feedback would be great. We generally use Form Z for modelling and L.W for anims and rendering although most of V.I's images on website are Form Z renderzone..Im currently updating with L.W images (2 wks or so). If no one present in N.E. I would be keen to talk to any 3d architectural visualisers wherever! I atach an image for preview :cool:

kennez
05-27-2004, 03:55 PM
You've got some nice renders there. It's good to know that I'm not the only LW user in the North East! I live in Redcar, studying at Teesside Uni in Middlesbrough.

I'm even further down the curve than you. I've been using LW for about 3 months, whilst also learning C4D and Maya (and MAX at Uni). Believe it or not, but I'm actually getting the hang of each of these apps at the same time.

neilp
05-28-2004, 09:30 AM
malcolm,
Thanks for your comments, do you use the vr centre at the uni, im coming over there on 22nd june for the open day.
have you any images that you have created to view?

kennez
05-28-2004, 09:36 AM
Curreently I don't use te VR centre, although I may be in there during the final year. I am studying Software Engineering, but I am on the graphics and mulitmedia side of things (hence MAX).

I do have some images on my website, although it is still under construction. The URL is http://www.malcolmkenworthy.co.uk

lardbros
06-07-2004, 09:02 AM
Hey... i'm amazed that anyone at teesside uni uses lightwave!! Been here for four years and have JUST finished my degree! Did my dissertation using lightwave and a few of the other modules where we were supposed to use XSI....oh well!!!

About the VR centre.... always heard rumours that it's not really for the students and is for commercial revenue. Dont know how true that is but i've never even got my head inside the room!!
A mate was able to use the motion capture facility but only for his dissertation and he had to book WELL in advance. Also they wouldn't set the equipment up for him so he had to go to the place where a company was using it and do it while they were on lunch....bloody great!

Anyway, good luck in the stinking hole of boro!!

harlan
06-07-2004, 03:37 PM
I use Lightwave, drink gallons of New Castle, and frequently wish I were in Europe. Does that count? ;)

kennez
06-09-2004, 03:59 PM
harlan:It's close enough!

lardbros: I take it you are not from the North East. Boro isn't that bad if you've lived aaround there most of your life (like I have). Sure it's not Portofino or Maui, but I can think of worse places than Middlesbrough (Grangetown and Southbank spring to mind!)

lardbros
06-10-2004, 06:00 AM
No you're right, not form the north east.... pretty much the complete opposite really... the south west! I didn't mean to cause offence, i do actually really like the place, just been here for nearly five years and the smackheads are starting to get on my tits. I love the north east and i know there are places much worse than boro!

Im glad that other people use lightwave... teesside uni doesn't even use it anymore..apparently its "old technology"!!!

Andrew Sweet
06-10-2004, 07:01 AM
Been using LW for 2 years now, sadly there seems to be a lack of UK users!! nice to see some here, anyway here's a rough render ;-), I'm into creative work mostly but these pay the bill's

Cheers

Andy

P.S. Just had some of my work displayed in the Newtek gallery, well pleased, comments welcome.

kennez
06-10-2004, 11:59 AM
lardbros:
No offence taken, but I'm sure you understand that most people are attached to their local town and don't like to hear anything bad said about it.

Andrew: Great render there! That oven and worktop look quite similar to my kitchen at home. Congrats on getting into the gallery!