PDA

View Full Version : gradient - spline curve adjustment

stoehr
03-25-2003, 01:26 PM
The ability to adjust the shape of the spline curve in a gradient key, without having to add another key. Similar to the brush profile curve in Aura.

Mylenium
03-26-2003, 12:16 AM
That's not really making sense. Heh, what's the deal? Is adding one or two more keys to a gradient such an annoyance? I think having to fiddle with an extra spline curve would be much more complicated.

Mylenium

stoehr
03-26-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Mylenium
That's not really making sense. Heh, what's the deal? Is adding one or two more keys to a gradient such an annoyance? I think having to fiddle with an extra spline curve would be much more complicated.

Mylenium

The quality of the curve (the shape of the curve), is what I desire to refine. Adding another key has the same curve interpolation and clutters the gradient, limiting the amount of complexity one could achieve to amount of keys that fit in the gradient.

Mylenium
03-26-2003, 05:05 AM
Clutter the gradient? No, not really. In theory you can zoom in almost infinitely just by defining what is displayed in the gradient by entering values in the lower box. This should allow to select any key any time no matter how many of them. This idea is even superior to gradients in Maya and XSI.

Mylenium

DaveW
03-26-2003, 12:04 PM
Yeah that's fine if you want to add a ton of keys to edit, but having splines would be a lot simpler. Just like the graph editor, why add tons of keys to get the curve shape you want when all you have to do is edit the tcb values or bezier handles; it's a lot faster and easier to edit and refine.

faulknermano
03-30-2003, 09:01 AM
i dont like the gradient controls controls right now. it doesnt allow for minimum parameter adjustment so you cant adjust keys that are in the middle with much precision.. or it gets harder to selects keys that are close together.

my vote would be for a spline-like or graph-editor like interface for gradients. at least as an option (an option i'd use more often).