PDA

View Full Version : More Render Pass Options Please

Chris S. (Fez)
05-26-2004, 03:59 PM
I see that the PSD. Exporter and buffer export options in Lightwave 8 are still lacking compared to other solutions. Once you have experienced a working solution it is hard to go back to Lightwave's implementation. Please give us options for EVERYTHING. Passes for particular lights. Passes for the shadows of particular lights. Passes for direct lighting. Passes for indirect lighting. etc. etc. etc.

Instead of acquiring and incorporating a hodge podge of third party plugins I think you should have spent time polishing your own. The development team is too small to improve on all these plugins. You are stretching yourselves too thin IMO. Focus.

theazz
06-12-2004, 06:42 PM
hi, im working with multipass rendering and i wondered if you could please tel me what IS the workin g solution u mention, as i cant get comfortable with the psd exporter

Chris S. (Fez)
06-13-2004, 03:58 AM
I meant the ability to render out passes in competing programs. The mods would probably not appreciate any farther comments praising the competition, so I will just suggest performing a search on CGtalk on multipass compositing. Do a search on these boards too if you have not already.

The implementation in Lightwave is lacking but still very powerful. Just wish they had worked on it a bit in in the long lag between 7.5 and 8. Let's hope we get some sugar in 8.5!