PDA

View Full Version : Should I be concerned if I still havent received LW8?

Noclar7
05-26-2004, 08:18 AM
ordered june/july last year.
just noticed that there are reviews out in mags and all that soo...
could I possibly be one of the last few to recieve or should I assume theres a flub up somewhere?

peteb
05-26-2004, 10:01 AM
Well I still haven't got mine yet either. A friend of mine was saying that apparently a lot of people have recieved more then 1 copy. If this is the case then I have a feeling my copy maybe sitting on someone else doorstep. I'm hoping it's just a rumour.

siproductions
05-26-2004, 10:22 AM
I got two copies so far. I am going to call CS to see what to do with it.

peteb
05-26-2004, 10:47 AM
Hmmm so the rumours are true. It willl be interesting to see how many people are honest like yourself and contact CS. I wouldn't be suprised though if some people start selling them off on Ebay.

siproductions
05-26-2004, 02:38 PM
They would have to buy another dongle. I don't know how hard that is to get. For Newtek's sake I hope people don't do that.

dwburman
05-26-2004, 03:58 PM
I just got mine Monday. I have a friend whose copy got sent to the wrong address, returned to Newtek and then sent to him. He still got it before I did.

If you bought it through a reseller be sure to do the reseller confirmation thing referenced in this thread otherwise give Newtek a call. You'll be on hold for a while but you may get an answer. The email I sent didn't get answered.

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21944

pblacklock
05-26-2004, 04:44 PM
noclar7

you're not alone, myself (from ottawa) and my bud in north bay still haven't received it.

this is really starting to piss me off in a bad way. i mean it will be almost a year since i ordered and paid for it, that's just nuts.

i respect the entire staff (always had great service from the them) but the administration of the company leaves a lot to be desired.

why not make a list where people could see if their product was indeed shipped and where we stand as paying customers.

right now, they say its coming any day soon, yeah how mickey mouse is that. order anywhere else and you will know where your purchased items are all times.

its been a month since i received my confirmation email. yeah right two weeks my .....

Paul

big back comics
05-26-2004, 05:32 PM
Hi guys:

I am the friend in North Bay. I was told by customer service going on 3 weeks ago tommorrow that my order had been shipped and I should expect it in less that a week. Again, that was 3 weeks ago.

I gather some orders got messed up or something and hey that is fine if that is what happened. But it sure would have been nice if someone would have told us?

I bought my upgrade last september and I am pleased with the value. I mean at $495 DFX+ has paid for itself alone many times over. And I am a patient man for the most part. Hey I haven't even begun to learn half the features of 7.5. But there are some projects I have been putting off waiting for the new features of 8 that I would really like to start on. So patient as I am this is becoming slightly annoying.

All I am asking for is the truth. Where is my order? How long will it take to get here?

Cheers,

Signal to Noise
05-26-2004, 10:21 PM
I received two additional copies of [8] a couple of weeks ago. It had my mailing address on them (of course that's why they came to me!) but the invoices inside indicated who the registered users were. I tried to contact NewTek about this but couldn't get a hold of anybody there. I was intending to attempt to contact the individuals indicated on each invoice by phoning information or something since no phone numbers were provided.

However, I can't do that anymore. I was at an outdoor party last weekend (Victoria Day holiday here in Canada) where I got really drunk and ended up throwing the two mystery LightWave [8] packages into a mighty big roaring bonfire. The melting effects were extremely cool. Advanced apologies to the two individuals still waiting for their [8] to arrive.

JUST KIDDING!:D

It was three packages.

JUST KIDDING!:D

I didn't receive any additional packages and I wasn't near any bonfires recently. That I can remember anyway.

Hopefully you'll all get your copies soon. Patience. Remember that NewTek have not 'officially' released [8] yet and I'm sure they're working hard getting the advance upgrade orders out the door.

3DEagle
05-27-2004, 12:19 AM
Hi,

You are not alone...I have not got mine neither. Since I thought I was the only one left I e-mailed Newtek Europe the two days ago. They told me everyting was OK and that I would get mine shipped any day soon....

What makes me really sad is that I have a 8 megabit Internet connection at home and could easily have it downloaded in a couple of minutes if it had been available on the net...

It is a very good thing that Newtek do not sell dairy products...it would make a terrible smell in their warehouse.

Enjoy Your Day

Ole
Nacka, Sweden

LFGabel
05-27-2004, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Signal to Noise
I got really drunk and ended up throwing the two mystery LightWave [8] packages into a mighty big roaring bonfire.

Man, you should burn for that one... ;)

pblacklock
05-27-2004, 05:43 AM
a bonfire sounds like a great idea to me.

BURN BABY BURN

MarkG
05-27-2004, 05:47 AM
I hadn't heard anything about the LW8 upgrade, and it was only when I contacted the reseller at the weekend that I discovered that I was supposed to re-register with the new serial number for the Lightwave 7.5 CD they sent me when I first ordered the upgrade. Now I've done that, I got an email to say that the LW8 CD should be shipping soon.

To say that having to register again when I already had a registered copy of Lightwave 7.5 on my PC in order to get the LW8 upgrade I'd paid for is unintuitive would be a major understatement. The disorganisation involving this upgrade has been my worst experience from Newtek by far... when I pay for an upgrade, I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get it.

Noclar7
06-03-2004, 05:56 PM
Recieved Lw8 today!!.. wow... it really does rock.
all the little workflow improvements are sweet..
back to it!!!!

peteb
06-04-2004, 03:02 AM
I recieved mine last Friday complete with Chew marks where my dog had got hold of it and tore it to pieces. Luckily the CD's were fine so I'll just have to live with a unique box design.

As for the software so far i think it looks great. I had a quick go of the new extender and that seems to be great, I finally feel like I don't really need a select edge anymore. I loaded lynx's plugins yesterday to try out displacement maps but couldn't find where it had put them. usually you'd find them under the construct and then additonal. I found additional stuff under the utils tab but still couldn't see the plugins, anyone know how to get these?