PDA

View Full Version : Discovery or "Educational Edition"

crownam
03-25-2003, 10:59 AM
Just wondering, how could I get a hold of Lightwave Demo or "Discovery" Edition? I'm interested in this product and have clients interested as well. However, they (and I) would like to demo before the initial purchase. Can anyone help?:confused:

Heimhenge
03-25-2003, 12:53 PM
Contact www.newtek.com. They've got a few options that may work for you. I don't think anyone in this forum is from sales. :)

LSlugger
03-25-2003, 06:17 PM
If you're a reseller, you should definitely get in touch with NewTek. If you're not, then a reseller may be able to set you up.

The Discovery Edition is on a recent DVD edition of 3D World magazine. It may still be in stock at Borders or Barnes & Noble.

Chuck has hinted that the Discovery Edition may be available for download shortly. I have heard that you can run LW in demo mode by downloading the patches, but I have not tried this.

harhar
03-25-2003, 07:18 PM
download lightwave 7.5 patch
create a lightwave dir, in it create a plugins directory, in it create a animate directory, in it create a blank file, name it motionmixer.p

install lightwave 7.5 patch into the lightwave dir you just created

caliban
03-26-2003, 02:59 PM
I have tried the above method but I get this...

error 1325.Legacy_Plugins is not a valid short file name

1628: Failed to complete installation

Why advertise the demo on the NewTek site when it's not available?

I'm interested in buying this software but a bit reluctant when I can't even try it first!

Red_Oddity
03-28-2003, 03:22 AM
Yeah...what's going on Newtek...Proton...anyone?
You guys promised a downloadable demo months ago, yet still no demo...Not really the best advertisement you give yourselves here...

wapangy
03-28-2003, 10:18 AM
try installing the 7.0b patch and THEN the 7.5, i think that acually works well...