PDA

View Full Version : Robot audio panel..audio...??

fxrtst11
05-25-2004, 11:29 PM
I'm trying to replicate the VOX audio activated light panels as seen in great robots like the B-9 robot from Lost In Space and Robby The Robot. Is there a lscript for syncing audio files and lighting, like LEDS and the like. I'd like to try and make it as automated as possible....any ideas?

Thanks ,

Will

Mylenium
05-25-2004, 11:54 PM
Nope, I don't think this is doable. LScript does not provide means for handling audio. I'd do it differently, anyway. Most compositing apps can handle audio and do provide means of linking audio volume to other effects either natively or via third party plugins. This makes it rather simple to create an image sequence that could be used as a texture. Even if you don't use the texture for final rendering it would serve as a visual reference and allow you to animate your light's intensity.

Mylenium

fxrtst11
05-26-2004, 12:50 AM
...do you know of plugs for comp packages like AFX, Fusion etc...that would do as you say? Thanks in advance.

Weetos
05-26-2004, 02:46 AM
I think you can load audio files into layout and get the channel into the graph editor (not sure though - not in front of lw at the mo). Then you could use expressions to change the luminous channel of your LEDs surfaces. I think I've heard about such a thing in insideLW7 book

Hope this helps

Regards

Weetos

arsad
05-26-2004, 03:46 AM
Hi,
this is possible:

load a .wav file into layout (via scene editor)

then for the intensity of your lights make an envelope,

use the audiochannel modifier in the modifiers tab of the graph editor.

Play a bit with waveform scale and filter strenght and here u go

I hope I understood what u are trying to achieve ;-)

Happy lightwavin'

fxrtst11
05-26-2004, 11:39 PM
arsad...thanks that worked perfectly...just what i wanted to do...gotta love the LW community!

thanks

Will

arsad
05-26-2004, 11:59 PM
cool,

and it makes me happy that I could help a little bit!

happy lightwavin'