PDA

View Full Version : point loop selection and improved bandsaw

d8ed
03-25-2003, 10:00 AM
yeah.. point loop selection would be nice. i'm tired of having to pick points in a circle to make a polygon. it's a pain in the ***.

also a bandsaw that works on multiple selections. so if you pick two sets of two polygons it'll use both and select/cut both. or three or four. get rid of that stupid odd or even crap and just make it required to select two polygons to define a direction. same with the point loop.

thanks.

hrgiger
03-25-2003, 10:49 AM
Definately. In my last project, I had a lot of tubes and pipes that needed extending which meant using extender or beveling. My pipes usually had 20 or more segements so it was a major paint to select all the points in order.

d8ed
03-25-2003, 11:01 AM
yeah i got spoiled for a while using XSI and the RC Tools plugin. it's got some things that made my life much easier when it came to that sort of thing. check it out.

http://www.claus-figuren.de/rt/index.html

and it's FREE.

Mylenium
03-26-2003, 12:31 AM
Hehe, I see. But then again it works on edges to a large degree. Can we have these first, please?

Mylenium

d8ed
03-26-2003, 01:20 AM
oh yeah ;) points will do. edge support should definitely be in LW 8. it's desperately lacking. i'm crossing my fingers.

DaveW
03-26-2003, 12:06 PM
thre is a free plugin that's been around for ages called point rail selector; works like bandsaw but selects points. I think there is another one called point belt selector. check flay.com

d8ed
03-26-2003, 12:28 PM
oooh interesting.. i found this other one looking around but havent been able to test it since i'm doing a 700 frame render at the moment.. it's called FI's OEExtender that does that sort of thing regardless of point order so you can lasso around holes and extend them out. 350 frames to go!

DaveW
03-26-2003, 01:04 PM
I checked my plugins, the other one is called point belt selector. that one is slower since it is lscript but it selects points in order; if you just want to select them to move them around then use point rail selector, it's a lot faster. I'll have to check out oeextender.

lord
03-28-2003, 10:03 PM
Use the Point Rail Selector all the time, can't live without it, got a keyboard shortcut for it.

That and Poz Extender, two tools I use together alot. Though Poz Extender hasn't been working since the updated lscript.:(