PDA

View Full Version : Cannot add IKBooster.p

Carm3D
05-25-2004, 04:17 AM
Hello,

I wanted to experiment with IKBooster today. It wasn't installed in my LW8, so I went to add plugins and I got the message "Plugins were not found or could not be added"

I am at a loss as what step to take next. I hope this doesn't mean I simply cannot use IKBooster -a large part of the upgrade.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Oh nevermind.. I got it.. I quit LW then tried again and it worked. I'd delete this thread but the forum wouldn't let me.

Carm3D
05-25-2004, 04:26 AM
Sheesh.. The plugins were added (6) but I still cannot find IKB Calculate. Is this not part if IKBooster.p ?

jeanphi
05-25-2004, 05:55 AM
I don't realy know what you want to try but you have 3 parts that can be use in IKBoost:

*The tool to rig and animate.

*The tool to calculate a dinamic simulation.

*The motion plug-in "QuaternionBooster" you can add to any item with or without applying IKBoost.

Carm3D
05-25-2004, 10:58 AM
Yeah this thing must be really messed up.. All I have installed is "IK_BoostTool". "QuaternionBooster" and IKB Calculate are not there.

I'm not sure if the IK_BoostTool button is even working correctly because it's not doing much when I activate it. It makes a grey strip appear on the bottom of the window, and the text "IKBMenu" appears on the right side of this strip. Clicking on that brings up an options panel. Other than that I can't get it to do anything. -unless of course I'm doing it wrong.

phil lawson
05-25-2004, 11:16 AM
Something must be up Carm3D...I'd maybe even uninstall and reinstall lightwave [8]. By default, IK Boost and all tools with it were installed with my one. :confused:

Cheers.

Carm3D
05-25-2004, 11:23 AM
POOPY!!

Carm3D
05-25-2004, 11:28 AM
Hey Phil.. Can you do me a favor?

Before I do something as drastic as re-installing 8.. Could you email me your LWEXT8.CFG and LW8.CFG config files? I'll try some config surgery before I tear it down and re-install. My E-Mail address is on my site.

Carm3D
05-25-2004, 12:06 PM
..or if anyone else can do this.. I'd be muy grateful.

jeanphi
05-26-2004, 05:05 AM
After loading plug-ins, did you try to set your menu layout to 7.0 then to default to reset it?

I have an other problem with IKBoost... I can't add it on character riged in LW7.5. I have to add the object on a new scene and restart all the rig with IKBoost :( ...
Any way, I will not use IKBoost for animating... It is more a concept-tool than a production tool:p
I spent so much time trying to have something usable but I lost too much of my hair...

Carm3D
05-26-2004, 10:22 AM
I got it working now thanks. :)

POP! (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=181560#post181560)