PDA

View Full Version : Numeric window stays in the wrong place...

Hervé
05-24-2004, 11:44 PM
the numeric window keep positioned in the middle of my screen,each time I start the Modeler.....;

I usually have my modeling window reduced , and on the left I open the statistcs, the numeric, and layers...it happened before also with 7,5... impossible to put it back on the left.... I mean yes I put it back each time I restart the modeler..... any clue... ?:confused:

kevinmcpoland
05-25-2004, 02:27 AM
Herve,

Sorry, this isn't a solution to your problem, just me showing allegiance that you aren't alone. Well, my problem is similar anyway. I have 2 monitors, and everytime I set them up, I have my LW8 stretched (not maxed) to fill one screen, with my panel windows placed on the other screen.

But whenever I boot up LW again, it fills one screen (with even a bit hiding behind the taskbar!), and all the panel windows scrunch up into the LW window.

Having set up Photoshop to run in a similar way, and having that work perfectly whenever I boot it up shows that it COULD be accomplished in LW, but I'm not sure if it's a setting I am missing, or just the way it's coded... (I'm not that great with the finer details of Windows programming I'm afraid...)

So no help I'm afraid, but a joint cry in the wilderness for some changes to make LW more user friendly perhaps....;)

Kevin McPoland

Jure
05-25-2004, 07:33 AM
I know this has been reported before, even before 7.5 came out I think. Many of us were complaining about windows not remembering positions on 2 monitor setups.
I was hoping that this was finally fixed with [8] but unfortunately it wasn't. Though they added a little plugin to Layout that's supposed to save window positions (but that's for layout only).
It's realy annoying draging windows to second monitor every time I start LW. :(

Hervé: maybe you could manualy edit LWM8.cfg and see it there is an entry that positions numeric window on screen. I know there are some "windowshape" entries in there but I'm not sure which one is for numeric window...

Hervé
05-25-2004, 11:03 PM
Hey thanks fellows.... yes very annoying.... this is nothing major, but if that could be fixed, I"ll be happy....:D ;) :rolleyes: :cool:

anieves
05-26-2004, 07:26 AM
for me modeler remembers panels positions but Layout only forgets the Scene Editor and the properties panel...