PDA

View Full Version : Architecture modeling

graywolfernie
05-24-2004, 09:08 PM
Looking for some help in architecture modeling using DWG files. I can make a simple house with the files, but when the plans become more complicated the house does not look right. If anyone has some information please let me know thanks.
Ernie

gjjackson
05-25-2004, 05:57 AM
You'd probably have to be a little more specific. There was a mansion hall tutorial that looked pretty darn good. You could search for that.

richdj
05-25-2004, 11:47 AM
gjjackson, did you mean this http://forum.mgfx.net/ ?

graywolfernie
05-25-2004, 12:21 PM
gjjackson
I'm looking for the outside of the house. The one I'm working is very complex’s and I may have to break it down into smaller blocks of work and put all to gather so its not over whelming. With time and the more I do of this kind of work I will learn more.
I have done a few smaller houses but they where a simple box shape and I think this may be the way I have to look at the larger projects. But if you know of any tutorials of house’s let me know. The more information I have the better. Thank you for telling about the mansion hall

gjjackson
05-25-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by richdj
gjjackson, did you mean this http://forum.mgfx.net/ ?

Yeah I think that's the one I remember. I do recall it being the interior.

My only suggestion would be to look at what you're modeling in simple terms, that is, if you boil it down what primitive would it resemble. A house for instance Would Be a box. From there extruded, beveled etc. If it has pillars, e.g., that would be a disc extruded out or created that way. If a pillar is faceted, or whatever the hell you call if it's not exactly round.) by selected points in a step fashion, as in every other one, or every other two, then beveling them slightly inward would look good. Then extruding it to length. Windows would or could be just beveling. I'd say my most used tool is bevel.
Even getting down to the level of a 2X4. This would also be a box. The roof of a house, plywood sheet would be a box.

Like you said you first need to break it down in it's most simplest form and see what primitive applies and go from there.

Dark-Whisper
05-30-2004, 03:21 PM
One thing I noticed while working on a model of a large factory is that you could spend a very long time modelling lots of little details which may look very good, but you can often acheive a look just as good with a good quality image map.