PDA

View Full Version : rendered cg motion file incorrect.

nelsonm
05-24-2004, 07:15 PM
Hello,

I have a problem with rendering a cg motion page.

I created a long vertical roll w/ stop video file from CG.

In the rendered file, the last 10 or so lines where chopped off and replaced with about half of the top part of the cg page again.

It plays correctly in cg and in cgplayer. So i was able to play it from cgplayer and record it through the DDR.

I have rebooted the system as well as killed winrtme.exe but no change.

Is anyone else having problems with CG rendering?

I am running the current version of VT3
on a dual 2ghz system

ScorpioProd
05-24-2004, 11:05 PM
And you're rendering it to an RTV?

I've only seen the problem you describe if one renders a scroll to a still PNG, which CG can't do for long scrolls properly.

But for an RTV scroll, I've never seen the problem, and believe me, I do loooooong scrolls. :)

nelsonm
05-25-2004, 08:18 PM
Thanks Eugene,

You are correct. I did render it out as a png still.

I rendered it out again as a rtv file and it worked just fine.

Will the same problem crop up if i use the other still formats on a motion page?

It would be nice if i could just put the cg project file on the timeline like i can with premiere with out having to render it.

But i'm glad it works just the same.

ScorpioProd
05-25-2004, 11:51 PM
AFAIK, the problem would affect any still format, but I haven't tested that beyond PNG.

It's just a limitation in the CG. It would be nice to have it fixed, but in reality RTVs are the intended format for scrolls and crawls to come out of the CG, so I think that's why the problem is ignored. It must not be a simple fix, cause I did mention it to Newtek long ago.

As for what you mention about putting a CG scroll on the time line without rendering, that would be quite nice. Ironically, that's how PowerCG worked with Speed Razor way back in VT[1]!

That's the thing, for VT[3] being an "integrated suite" of tools, I really don't see any integration at all. It's not like you can do anything from the CG, LW or Aura to VT-Edit without manually rendering out to a file first.

nelsonm
05-26-2004, 02:57 PM
Thanks again Eugene,

I agree. Not much integration at this time but i'm keeping my fingers crossed that the VT will become as or more mature and integrated as premiere pro and have a realtime dve engine like BorisFX.

Thats why i keep premiere pro and the canopus card around. Some things are just more intuitive and straight forward with it when it comes to editing.

I just wish there was an accelerator card for borisFX that worked with both premiere pro and VT3. That would make premiere more realtime and VT more valuable to me.

I have a soft spot for Newtek considering the obstacles they have faced in the past. I will continue to support Newtek as long as they don't fall too far behind in inovation and integration.