PDA

View Full Version : Cartoon Character Creation Book

Paul_Boland
05-24-2004, 12:02 PM
Hi.

Can anyone tell me what is happening with the Cartoon Character Creation from Wordware for Lightwave 8? According to Amazon.co.uk it is out with a a few weeks delay on the order, where as on the Wordware website, it is still listed under Coming Soon?!? Is there any webpage for it with details that I can look at?

Thanks.

art
05-24-2004, 12:15 PM
I just received an email from wordware (as a preorder customer) notifying me that the cartoon character creation book has been split into two books: one book will be on "Modeling and Texturing" and second one will be "Rigging and Animation"

The split is due to some difficulties in publishing the book as one. Yes, it will cost me additional money, but I'm glad to see even more books for LW!

WilliamVaughan
05-24-2004, 12:45 PM
info on book here:
http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1018&perpage=15&pagenumber=4

art
05-24-2004, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the update, Proton. Maybe I should hang out at spinquad more

theo
05-24-2004, 01:10 PM
Man- I'll tell you a book that I can't wait to see and I WONDER IF I EVER WILL.... and that is the Wordware Lightwave 3D tips and tricks book. Ordered the dang thing sixteen years ago- way before Lightwave was even sperm. And now I find out it won't be ready till JUNE 10-

Grumble, grumble....

WilliamVaughan
05-24-2004, 02:04 PM
well worth teh wait...this is a massive book with priceless info...

and your timeline is just a wee bit exagerated :P

but I getthe point :)

cresshead
05-24-2004, 02:24 PM
what about the people like me who ordered to book from www.amazon.co.uk due to it having free shipping compared to the red carpet shipping costs of wordware outside usa?

will my order:
1.not behonoured so i'll get zero books sent
2. will wordware send out two books to amazon customers
3.or will i get one book...if so which???

some sort of clarification would be nice as i'm really waiting for this book/books set of books...!!!!!

BTW i ordered on 30 april on amazon...maybe if amazon orders can be converted to wordware orders [2 for one] and we just pay for the expensive shipping to the u.k that would be a fair offer...

a word from word ware for amazon customers would be a good move.

please!

Paul_Boland
05-25-2004, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the info. Even though I don't have Lightwave 8 YET, I'm putting in an order!

kurv
10-29-2004, 10:30 AM
UPDATE!!

Okay the books are shipping from the printer to us today! We will have them next week and will be shipping all orders then.

If you ordered from us you will get your books before the book stores do!!

Also...

We are extending our special... buy now through when the books arrive and get BOTH books for the price of one here -> http://www.wordware.com/cartoon/ this is an exclusive online special so the site DOES NOT reflect the special price.

Under coupons enter SPINQUAD to get both books at 50% off retail!!

Limited time offer now through November 3rd!