PDA

View Full Version : hardcopy shortcut keys

Parallax
05-24-2004, 11:38 AM
Is there a way to make a hardcopy of the shortcut key list in Modeller?

Signal to Noise
05-24-2004, 04:38 PM
Yes. Use a printer.

If you don't have a printer simply take the PDF files to a Kinkos or some place that can print them for you.

Parallax
05-24-2004, 05:06 PM
Thanks, but my problem was not how to print a hardcopy but how to find a source/file to print.....your reply did suggest there must be a file or files somewhere in LW8, so I went Exploring and found what I needed.

new question: what command/technique under what tab do I use to lasso a part of an object....I can't find anything in either the 7.5 or 8 manual referring to this? What is the purpose or effect of lassoing(?) a set of polygons?

John Fornasar
05-24-2004, 06:59 PM
what command/technique under what tab do I use to lasso a part of an object?

Hold your Right Mouse button down, and "draw" a loop around part of your model. In Points mode, it'll select points, in Poly mode, it'll select whole polys.

What is the purpose or effect of lassoing(?) a set of polygons?

Pulling, stretching, surfacing, sizing, deleting, selecting for copy/paste, selecting for "tool" use, flipping, moving, unifying, booleaning (is that a word?),

sort of in short, lots o' stuff when you are creating a model.

Signal to Noise
05-24-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Parallax
Thanks, but my problem was not how to print a hardcopy but how to find a source/file to print.....your reply did suggest there must be a file or files somewhere in LW8, so I went Exploring and found what I needed...

Hehe! My bad. I was going to inform you that there are PDFs of all the shortcut keys and a trifold menu but assumed you knew that already. Glad you found them!:)