PDA

View Full Version : Sasquatch settings for grass?

John Melvin
05-23-2004, 09:42 PM
Am having a problem getting the proper density for grass on a plane that is 50 feet by 50 feet. Would like to have grass dense enough so that you could zoom in on it and the fibers would be proper width when viewing a close up of a golf ball sitting on a putting green and then look smooth when zooming out. I have been trying to do this with fur. I can get the close up to look just fine but when I zoom out it is too coarse.

thanks

John

JamesCurtis
05-24-2004, 08:12 AM
You may want to consider cheating what you're trying to accomplish by changing the width of the "blades" in an envelope within SAS. Also coarseness setting envelope will probably help too. You may also consider using depth of field focus rendering.

John Melvin
05-24-2004, 09:04 AM
Hmmm, Will give it a try. I am not very well versed in all of the controls within Sasquatch.

Thanks

John

hruffin3
05-27-2004, 07:25 AM
the lw examples have a folder for sasquatch and there is a scene with sasgrass - if you put your camera in the grass you can put little creatures inside the grass that are smaller than the blades - very cool. when you do this with the actual scene camera, the cam gets drawn very big which is an artifact of the fact that you are so zoomed in.