PDA

View Full Version : X Hyper

Epita
03-25-2003, 02:07 AM
Well, ive been messing about and came up with this. Loosly based on the american design for a hypersonic unmaned craft.

X Hyper (http://www.orkanix.com/epita/xhyper.mpg)

Warning, the soundtrack is slightly offencive to anyone with a friend called Kyle! (he he he :D)

Epita

ran205
03-25-2003, 08:32 AM
The sound track is great but the animation looks unfinished. Looks like something made with TrueSpace.:rolleyes:

Zarathustra
03-25-2003, 08:36 AM
What the hell was that?

Enjoyed the musical stylings of Cartman, at least.

Epita
03-25-2003, 09:13 AM
Its me, getting bored making something in a few seconds, (including the support plane) and making some realy cheap animations with my spare time (not much), so there you go!

Epita

ran205
03-25-2003, 09:31 AM
:D Hey, well you know what they say...Practice make adequate or something close to it.

Keith
03-25-2003, 12:18 PM
awesome!

manfriday
03-25-2003, 01:03 PM
I want my five minutes back!

Intuition
03-25-2003, 04:22 PM
I know, I know,

I wanna see this craft up against all the starships in the Cheesy star trek shot :)

5$ on the klingon vessel

Epita
03-26-2003, 02:29 AM
you can do what you want with it, im going to throw it in a bin soon!

Who cares, loses

Epita

Zarathustra
03-26-2003, 07:01 AM
sadly, not soon enough.

ran205
03-26-2003, 08:47 AM
:mad: C'mon, C'mon be nice Epita was just horsin' around nobody forced anyone to look at it

Zarathustra
03-26-2003, 09:04 AM
Everyone here is willing to critique each others' work and give advice or a "wow" where applicable.

"Horsin' around" is fine, but when it takes the form of a 19mb file that we all waste the time to download and view, then I feel like what manfriday said - "I want my five minutes back"

He could have given a warning that
1) it was 19 mb
2) he was just "horsin' around"
and attached an image so we could see it wasn't going to be worth the time to download.

:mad:

Intuition
03-26-2003, 11:31 AM
Epita ,

I actually enjoyed your animation. I didn't meant to sound like I didn't by betting on the klingon vessel.

Maybe I would have bet more on oyur x Hypercraft if I had seen more of its weapons. I do like its manuvering capabilities. but perhaps a more broad display of its firepower would have made me more eager to wage on it as the victor.

But seriously.

I have an animation I did back in 4.0 that was very similar to your animation. It is sometimes kind of fun just to do those things cause you can.

:-) do whats fun and try not to worry about the rest.

But just a reminder. The finished gallery folks have a very refined taste for professional work.

Thaks for the effort :)

Matt
03-26-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by manfriday
I want my five minutes back!

lol! :)

Epita
03-28-2003, 07:53 AM
aww come on, lighten up guys.

Im glad someone liked it, but hey, its a joke,
intuition its only an unmaned test plane, no guns or anything!

Epita

Zarathustra
03-28-2003, 03:47 PM
um.....I think people are bothered by a lot more than the lack of guns.

starbase1
03-28-2003, 05:02 PM
Hey, I liked it!

The models were crappy, but the camera angles were superb, great dynamics!

And in case you hadn't noticed, you don't need to download the whole thing to see the style. If connection time is that pricy for you, manage it better.

I may be dumber than dubya before he got off the drugs, but it gets my vote, hell I'll even send you my sanger spaceplane mesh to rerender it with...

The only bit where the movement went wrong for me was the bit with the green landscape showing - it just seemed a lot slower.

Maybe a stronger sky versus horizon, top emphasize the camera angles more?

Neat!

Nick

Epita
04-01-2003, 12:44 PM
so what i thought it was good, and so do other people too great.

I know the model is crap, to many layers to many useless polys too! so what, anyway thats old stuff, look at the newer stuff ive done for semi serious stuff

Epita