PDA

View Full Version : Display Problems

Ahriman
03-25-2003, 12:24 AM
Hi all, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I am having some difficulty with Lightwave, both the Modeler and the Layout windows have areas grayed out on them. Not just options on the menu, but big sqware areas in the design area. If i pan, rotate, or zoom, these gray areas dissapear for about a second, then they come right back. I have tried uninstalling, then re-installing, dozens of times, even tried re-installing my display drivers: still didnt work. Does anyone know how to correct this?

Cheers,

Ahriman

hrgiger
03-25-2003, 06:56 AM
I have this occasionally happen to me but as soon as I perform any function like panning or zooming, they disappear and don't come back. It usually only happens when I'm running another program and am switching from one window to another. It probably is a display problem. You may want to verify the correct driver with the card manufacturer and you may want to try turning off programs running in the background and seeing if that helps. Maybe you're running out of onboard display memory?

riki
03-25-2003, 07:12 AM
what version and OS are you using?

Skonk
03-25-2003, 08:22 AM
Its probably a graphics card driver related issue but if u have a firewall on it can sometimes cause the displays not to work properly cos it blocks the communications between modeler, layout and the hub, but i doubt its that :)

James..

Ahriman
03-25-2003, 02:30 PM
I'm running Win 2k and LW 7.5

The graphics cards is a WinFast GeForce MX200 (64MB)

I have set up the firewall to unrestricted access for all LW programs

Usually there are no other programs running in the background that are taking up the display memory (well, none that come to mind, anyway). Usually I run LW as soon as I turn on the computer.

I did find that if I Restore Down the window so it's about 800X600 the box disappears, but if I try maximising it or resizing it, back the grey box comes.

Cheers,
Ahriman

riki
03-25-2003, 03:56 PM
I'm on a mac so not too sure what's up. Do you have other programs running at the same time? I often get black boxes where the menu items should be if I'm running out of Ram.

Ahriman
03-25-2003, 06:07 PM
No, normally i dont have any othe rprograms running, other than the normal ones that startup (firewall, avs, windowsblinds). Im not sure if I'm running out of RAM (cant think of a program taking 912MB of RAM).