PDA

View Full Version : Dick Van Dyke

ted
05-22-2004, 10:57 PM
I just tuned in to the "Dick Van Dyke Show Revisited". In one of the first scenes he showed "Laura" an animation and Chroma Key he made.
I'm guessing our friend used LightWave and the VT to make it. He's always been proud to show off his abilities, so I'm guessing he did it himself.

It was fun to see all those who are still alive. I remember "Rob" tripping over the ottoman every week, and "Ooooh Rooooob".

korn_kid
05-23-2004, 12:22 AM
Yup! Dick Van Dyke is a LightWave user, who would have thought
http://www.danablan.com/INLW/images/MenDVD.jpg

pauland
05-23-2004, 05:46 AM
Apparently, he's better at roller skating than 95% of LW users... ;-)

winged-cat
05-23-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by korn_kid
Yup! Dick Van Dyke is a LightWave user, who would have thought

I had a near-brush with Mr. Van Dyke at the ShowBiz Expo in '96(i think, maybe '95 or '97).

I was wandering into the technology expo area and heard a voice behind me say "Can an Amiga accept a 20 inch monitor?" (this was quite a while ago) Being an Amiga user at the time (Imagine and later LW) my ears burned and I had to turn to see who may have mentioned the machine that too many people didn't know existed. There was a pair of gentlemen behind me having that discussion. I turned away. Then the brain clicked-on with the visual recognition, So I turned around again (a delayed double take) The gentleman who had asked that question was the afore mentioned Mr. Van Dyke. I thought to myself "cool", it wasn't a huge surprise, as he had been featured in a recent VTU mag. I contemplated speaking to him, but in reality I had nothing to say. In most cases I figure it's better to let the well-known go about their lives uninterrupted. They're really just people too.

Avebeno
05-28-2004, 12:47 PM
I too was thinking that he could have been the one that made the dancing character and animation, but since I saw "The Alan Brady Show" on TV Land I thought it may have been an offshoot of that animated show.

Anyone here know what they used to make "The Alan Brady Show"?

Imageshoppe
05-28-2004, 02:10 PM
Years ago I was asked to help Mr. Van Dyke with some issues regarding the DPS Par recorder... had several phone calls back and forth with him.

Nothing cooler than checking your answering machine and hearing a message to you from Dick Van Dyke!

Jim Arthurs

Chris Partridge
05-29-2004, 03:41 AM
Fantastic story :)

My wife is currently addicted to Diagnosis Murder, which is running in the afternoons here in the UK. I end up watching it too. It's right up there with Quincy :)

Avebeno
06-14-2004, 01:30 PM
Small world - I just read an article in millimeter which mentioned how he made the dancing animation at home with lightwave.

Silkrooster
06-15-2004, 10:41 PM
I never did get to see his last show. However, there is an article on DAZ web site about the animation done on his show. Apparently DAZ had created several characters for his show, and used Poser to animate it. The web site info for there forum is http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=4614
The above link will take you to the article.

pauland
06-16-2004, 12:55 AM
Sadly, I couldn't get either of the video links on the site to work for me. :-(

I have a PC w2K and Media Player 9.

Paul

Silkrooster
06-16-2004, 07:56 PM
I checked the codec in Media player properties. It had said that it was using Windows Media Ver. 8 for video and ver 9 for audio. You can find both versions on Microsofts web site.

TheDAve
06-17-2004, 11:13 AM
So the question is ...

Are you reading these boards Mr Van Dyke? :)

Come on... own up... which one of you is he?:confused: