PDA

View Full Version : Menu bug

Fausto
05-22-2004, 11:43 AM
First time working with the new version of LW I've discovered a problem with the file menu, or any menu really that's near or at the top of the screen. The menu doesn't scroll properly or conventionally when the menu goes beyond the height of the monitor screen. In version 7.5 the menu scrolls properly, indicated by an upward pointing arrow in the middle of the menu to allow you to reach the topmost item. In version 8 that's not the case, at least this is not the case on my computer perhaps others are having differing results. In version 7.5 as I stated it works as it should. I've attached an image to illustrate what I'm experiencing.

I've found a work around however, well two, one is to know the shortcuts for that menu and the second one is, by reducing the window size so it's not full size, I can select the topmost menu items, like new object etc. Interestingly however, once I've done this if the window is maximized, the topmost item is accessible, until that is, I select something lower in the menu like close all objects, then the menu reverts to the annoying behaviour again.

This isn't anything more that an annoyance, but it likely should be fixed if it isn't exclusive to my computer. Aside from that, this version does seem more robust, stable than the previous version, and it appears that OpenGL performance has improved for me.

http://www.floatingrock.net/newtek/menuproblem.png

nerdyguy227
05-23-2004, 07:38 AM
You got me on that one!

it has never happened to me

Aegis
05-23-2004, 10:38 AM
This is on your second monitor right? This has been an issue since LW6 - I'm hoping NewTek will get around to fixing it for those "dualies" amongst us...

Vincent Brumbac
05-23-2004, 10:45 AM
I have two monitors. 7.5 did this but for me 8 does not.

Cheers,

Vincent D. Brumback

Fausto
05-23-2004, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the feedback, it's interesting how different this is for many people. In my experience, 7.5 isn't a problem, but 8 is, but only on the second monitor. I don't think this is a Newtek problem but maybe related to video drivers. Just the way it manifests itself and how some people aren't having this occur with or without a second monitor is a good indication.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback again.. I guess I'll have to make sure to use modelor on the first monitor.

cheers.