PDA

View Full Version : F10 Bug or am I over-worked?!!

theo
05-22-2004, 09:29 AM
Aauugh... 10.5 hours of rendering based on F9 previews practically shot because THE F10 rendered different. Same exact file, same exact EVERYTHING but a washed out F10. Am just over-worked and am missing something here? I have always used F9 as a final previewing agent- I have always thought that the F9 and F10 render exactly the same detail but the F9 is a single frame renderer (or previewer) and F10 is the sequence renderer.

I can run the F10 and the F9 on the same exact frame in the same exact scene at the same time, concurrently, and get two vastly different results.

I have got to be missing something here- Anyone with a thought?

hrgiger
05-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Hmmm, they should be the same output wise. Did you change something during the render in modeler, did something update throught the hub? That's the only thing I can think of...

theo
05-22-2004, 09:52 AM
No HR- good idea and that would have been the first place I would have went but Modeller is not even in use at the time of rendering.

I rendered a whole sequence out the other night and had the same problem but I thought I had left a light off in the scene or something but come to find out I did not especially seeing last night's sequence.

I am going to post an F9 and an F10 in a minute.

theo
05-22-2004, 10:08 AM
Here is are the renders.

The same exact format- Photoshop 24 bit (I have the same issue with RLA's), the same exact scene at the same exact time.

It looks as though the F10 is not picking up a light but how can this be possible if the F9 does?

These renders are completely unedited in PS and the only image adjustments have been due to the Save for Web within Photoshop.

dwburman
05-22-2004, 10:16 AM
Could it be some wierd exposure adjustment in the preview window? I've never noticed a difference between F9 and F10 like this either.

The reflections seem duller in the F10 image.

Chris S. (Fez)
05-22-2004, 10:19 AM
Wow. I have never seen or heard anything like that. You have Fprime don't you Theo? Does it render like your F10 or F9?

theo
05-22-2004, 10:21 AM
Oh geeesh..... This eighty hour week has sliced my professional edge to the bone.

Sigh.... OK, now it's time to look SCHTUPID... Shadow map was cached... SHADOW MAP WAS CACHED!!!! Please kill me after I'm dead. AAAAUUGHG- how did that stupid thing get turned on? I know better than that as a matter fact I knew so well that I NEVER CHECKED!!!

Sorry for the false alarm-:rolleyes:

theo
05-22-2004, 10:23 AM
Fez- that character in your avatar is how I looked about an hour ago.

Chris S. (Fez)
05-22-2004, 10:35 AM
lol! Glad you figured it out. I am always relieved when I find a problem is my fault and not the program's.

theo
05-22-2004, 10:47 AM
You and me both Fez. I just hate the mistakes that slices my ego up into little tiny pieces and then serves it up to me in a BLT sandwich.:D