PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Room - Finished?

RavenMaca
05-21-2004, 04:17 PM
Hi all, this is my first post. I generally like to fly under the radar and don't post here or elsewhere but I'm trying to be more productive as of late and I kinda dig the spirit here.

Anyways this is the Mystery Room. I was so unsure on how to proceed after I had painted the background so it is where I left off.

How I made it (and big props to worley). Models built and textured in Lightwave 7.5. The female was an old model I had laying around that wasn't generating much use so I bent her and shape her up manually. I did 7 renders in Frprime 3000x1500 with monte carlo radiosity. the reason for 7 and (worley you are a god) was because with Fprime's speed I could render this rez and each frame turn on/off selected lights or vary the intensities for different values. I then took the raw renders into photoshop, masked off the elements, blended/shaped, painted the background, adjusted colours, retouched funky geometry and voila.

Hope yal like it :)

Click here for a larger version email me for full size (http://www.one-down.com/MysteryRoom.jpg)

RavenMaca
05-21-2004, 04:23 PM
Here's one I did ages ago. Model was an old anime experiment of mine that animates horribly but rocks in stills. Rendered the standard way, brought into photshop for finals.

IgnusFast
05-21-2004, 06:39 PM
Email you how? I don't see your address anywhere. But I'd LOVE a full-size copy of that gorgeous image...

[email protected]

RavenMaca
05-21-2004, 08:52 PM
lol my bad, had to play around with my options. Anyways I''m sending you the full version, it's 2 megs big hope your email can take the hit :) and thanks for the comment .

riki
05-21-2004, 08:59 PM
Nice pix, love the chick, she looks like she's waiting for something. What could it be?? A Taxi maybe :)

Sorry :) seriously though it's looking great. Just a few crits. The shadows on her face and right should blade are a bit distracting and a bit like dark marks. Also the two dimples in her rump look a bit too pronounced, maybe tone that down a bit and break up the shape of the dimples so that they look more organic in shape. The blue tone looks good but I'd also offset that with a warm yellow internal light coming from the room. Excellent work.

RavenMaca
05-22-2004, 07:22 AM
Ok here's the final :) Took your suggestions, still not happy with the shoulders. As for the dimples , I used to pour over drawings by Serpieri and he does em just like that, guess the fascination stuck. Hope you like. Next time I'm not sure if I'm done I'll post in W.I.P. On to my next pic, a snowglobe ;)

Edit

Guess 1025x525 was a bit too big or something here's the link :

http://www.one-down.com/MysteryRoom2.jpg

Joker II
05-22-2004, 09:45 AM
That looks awesome :eek:

Bona
05-22-2004, 11:00 AM
The pink on her ... is a nice touch, or is it my monitor? : D

Beautiful!

digimassa
05-22-2004, 12:25 PM
:cool:
maybe Im wrong but there is much too much bending in the hip

RavenMaca
05-22-2004, 01:57 PM
hey bona thanks for noticing the pink it's not your monitor, just a little boris vallejo influence I brushed in.

Bona
05-23-2004, 01:33 AM
I like boris' paintings, his way of coloring human fresh is brilliant. : D

emoboy83
05-23-2004, 06:05 AM
all i can say is im glad you finally decided to come onto the radar. wow, great work and hope to see more from you.